We’re looking for an AML Investigator to join our growing AML Investigation team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by investigating and reporting suspicious activity.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the AML Investigations team:
- Carry out reviews on alerted accounts on the basis of both internal and external information
- Assess actual payment activity and payment patterns
- Obtain further supporting information to mitigate ML/TF concerns
- Request and analyse supporting documents when needed
- Take ownership of an individual investigation and escalating any suspicious activity in accordance with internal procedures
- Participate in an active feedback loop between the AML Investigation team and the developers/product teams to improve our product quality from a compliance perspective
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done.
- You’re eligible to work in Budapest
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- You have an exceptionally inquisitive mind. You are always looking out for more information where available, however, you are able to cut through the noise
- You have a great eye for detail. You are meticulous and can look at information with factual precision
- You have exceptional logical thinking. You are naturally able to interpret data and draw logical conclusions
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to express your thoughts concisely and logically
- You’re able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgement calls
- You’re able to work under pressure. You can multitask efficiently and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You’re curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You’re a true team player but happy working alone on independent projects
- You’re open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Previous experience in AML or investigating suspicious activity will be beneficial.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English. In your cover letter please explain your interest in this role and why do you want to join Wise.
Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.