Senior Product Manager – Cards: Core Processing
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Cards team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to provide our customers with a reliable, convenient and eventually free way to spend like a local anywhere in the world.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Cards Team:
- The Spend tribe has built one of the most significant debit card products in the world with over 2 million cards issued in over 40+ countries in 4 continents with more to be added soon. The team now consists of 8+ Product teams based across Singapore, London and Tallinn
- Your mission is to own the core card processing platform that powers our cards around the world
- You will be leading 2 product teams, namely Authorization and Clearing / Reconciliation
- You will work closely with Engineers, Analysts, Legal, Product Operations and more to come up with ideas, execute and polish them, and measure the result to ensure you have reached your goals
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You have extensive experience within Product Management and a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen.
- You have industry experience in running card products before
- You are hands-on and enjoy delivering features by yourself as well
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear path to get there.
- You are always learning. Whether it’s interviewing customers, designing UIs, writing code or modelling growth, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and learn the skills you don’t have today to unblock your team
Extra skills that are great (but not essential):
It’s certainly a plus if you have relevant experience in working with card schemes as you will own the following topics with them:
- Leading the authorization setup and compliance with card schemes
- Working closely with the card schemes (Mastercard, Visa) to identify new products and services that the platform should support and scope the development steps
- Follow-up on card scheme announcements for European issuers and feed relevant teams.
- Base salary: £83k – £110k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
Getting Started: Reviewing your Application
At this stage, our product recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications, alongside cover letters (which are optional to submit) to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because we at Wise are on a mission and this role is all about getting us closer to that mission – so please take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝 Please bear in mind when answering: customer impact is above everything for us.
A 40 minute call with our hiring lead or one our Product Managers or Recruiters from the team via Zoom.
- The team will intro you to Wise, their team and the role
- Your motivation / drivers to join the Mission
- Your experience of owning/ shipping impactful products, utilising build – measure – learn
- Testing your customer empathy
- Testing your quantitative, data-driven approach
- Competency based questions & values fit, focused on our 4 core values
Your 2nd interview will be with 2 product managers from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will give you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems. Topics:
- Your product domain experience: ownership of a complex, and impactful product / product feature
- Prioritisation and trade-offs: problems you solve for customers, how do you balance demands
- Your solution design & execution skills
- Digging deeper into your quantitative / data skills: measuring impact, setting OKRs / KPIs
Tech / Team-fit Interview
Your 3rd interview will be with an engineering lead / senior engineer and an analyst/designer from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will be focusing on your experience working closely with engineers and designers in a cross-functional team + your related skills. Topics:
- Building partnerships with your engineering / design / operations teams.
- Problem-solving and navigating tech decisions and conflicts with engineers
- Your level of technical depth
- Your cross-functional team-fit: your ability to inspire others around you
We’d like to give you the opportunity to meet a couple of our senior product leads. The Zoom interview will be 45 minutes long and will be competency-based.
- Providing you the opportunity to meet our product leads and pick their minds and ask your questions
- Competency-based and scenario based questions around your motivation, past product experience and vision to work at Wise, solving problems of our 10+ million customers
- Focusing on feedback you received from previous interviews, addressing/investigating potential gaps further
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.