Senior Product Manager – Global Pay-in Experience
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join a new and growing team, our Global Pay-in Experience Team, in either our London or Budapest offices. We are building a new set of financial rails for the world to run on. While we now move around 1 in every 30 pounds people move around the world, we know our customers still have large pain points in the experience of sending money, that we can remove for them, and so far we have only scratched the surface.
This is where you come in. You’ll help us remove the pain of moving money internationally, to parents, to children, to friends, to business partners and anyone living international lives, by removing one of the largest barriers to using Wise to move money – getting the money to reach Wise This is an opportunity to accelerate our ability to solve one of our customers main friction points in a key area of the journey.
The Pay In Experience team is a distributed team with people split across London, Budapest and New York. The team owns the experience of how our customers connect and reuse payment methods across our; web, iOS and Android apps. Our mission is to make money move around the world instantly, transparently, conveniently and eventually for free. In a nutshell; we are busy building the best money transfer experience in the world.
Here’s a little about how you can help:
- Reimagine how customers pay in – focusing on removing the effort and time it takes, simplifying the experience and making it seamless.
- Work with different payment methods across the world and introduce the best one for the customer.
- Partner with regional teams to deliver a truly global product which accommodates the specifics of local financial systems and local regulations.
- Liaise with compliance teams to make sure our customers are safe – while pushing for new standards in regulation.
- Collaborate with designers, developers & analysts, you should enable the team to ship the best products.
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear path to get there.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ problems and work with a full stack product development team and many operational teams to solve them.
- You’ll pave the way for quick and iterative development, allowing for teams to execute unblocked and with clear hypotheses.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal – you will need to figure out, define and build solutions for our customers.
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you will always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls.
- Grow as a product leader – You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission.
- Travel – to work with our teams in the UK, Europe and the US as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
A bit about you:
- A proven Product Manager capable with a track record of delivering excellent user experience on; web, iOS and Android.
- Strong sense for UX and strict attention to UI details are key.
- Experience in qualitative design testing, to assess solutions against functional and emotional needs.
- Can you run complex A/B tests?
- Empathy for customers and the ability to quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms).
- You’re not afraid of being a lead, helping your team with hiring, learning skills you don’t know today to unblock things everywhere needed. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product manager role definition. You get it done.
- Have an understanding which KPI’s are addressable and create dashboards for monitoring and actively measuring impact/progress.
Extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- Knowledge of the payments systems in major markets like the US, UK, Europe or Singapore.
- If you can create SQL queries on your own and build dashboards using BI tools like Looker or Tableau.
- Ability to sketch designs on Figma or similar tools.
- Any experience of working with external vendors before / negotiating with them.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.