Senior Product Manager – Marketplaces
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Wise Platform Team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help businesses build on Wise’s market-leading payment infrastructure.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Wise Platform Team:
- You’ll work on building the Wise Platform product for Marketplaces – enabling our partners to create world class international payment experiences for their customers. Our API documents are public – check these out to start understanding the current product.
- You’ll build a deep understanding of the needs of a marketplace business, and set strategic direction for engineering, compliance and business development teams to launch API products that enable businesses to receive, hold, and send payments globally using Wise’s instant international payment rails.
- You’ll go above and beyond to help the team execute – whether this is, joining sales pitches, helping negotiate partner requirements or supporting in the process of getting marketplaces live.
- You’ll be championing Wise Platform in the rest of the organisation, and liaising across functions (customer support, financial crime, operations, etc.) to build great products.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in one of the fastest growing areas of Wise’s business. This is a high-impact, and fast growing area of Wise. You’ll build a strategy for a brand new product offering, and empower the team around you to deliver.
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- You have delivered highly ambitious, cross-team, impactful products in data-driven environments
- You understand how marketplaces work and have ideally built products that are used in marketplaces business.
- You are equally comfortable working on technical architecture, compliance requirements, legal obligations and commercial models and able to shape and influence thinking on these points.
- You are customer-focused at heart – at Wise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission
- You have fresh ideas – you don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- You are an excellent, influential communicator – you can express your thoughts and ideas clearly and honestly with respect for others, who may have conflicting opinions
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You can carve a path forward for your team using data and insight, and build strategic focus.
- Base salary: £83k – £110k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
Getting Started: Reviewing your Application
At this stage, our product recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications, alongside cover letters (which are optional to submit) to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because we at Wise are on a mission and this role is all about getting us closer to that mission – so please take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝 Please bear in mind when answering: customer impact is above everything for us.
A 40 minute call with our hiring lead or one our Product Managers or Recruiters from the team via Zoom.
- The team will intro you to Wise, their team and the role
- Your motivation / drivers to join the Mission
- Your experience of owning/ shipping impactful products, utilising build – measure – learn
- Testing your customer empathy
- Testing your quantitative, data-driven approach
- Competency based questions & values fit, focused on our 4 core values
Your 2nd interview will be with 2 product managers from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will give you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems. Topics:
- Your product domain experience: ownership of a complex, and impactful product / product feature
- Prioritisation and trade-offs: problems you solve for customers, how do you balance demands
- Your solution design & execution skills
- Digging deeper into your quantitative / data skills: measuring impact, setting OKRs / KPIs
Tech / Team-fit Interview
Your 3rd interview will be with an engineering lead / senior engineer and an analyst/designer from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will be focusing on your experience working closely with engineers and designers in a cross-functional team + your related skills. Topics:
- Building partnerships with your engineering / design / operations teams.
- Problem-solving and navigating tech decisions and conflicts with engineers
- Your level of technical depth
- Your cross-functional team-fit: your ability to inspire others around you
We’d like to give you the opportunity to meet a couple of our senior product leads. The Zoom interview will be 45 minutes long and will be competency-based.
- Providing you the opportunity to meet our product leads and pick their minds and ask your questions
- Competency-based and scenario based questions around your motivation, past product experience and vision to work at Wise, solving problems of our 10+ million customers
- Focusing on feedback you received from previous interviews, addressing/investigating potential gaps further
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.