Senior Team Lead (Financial Crime Operations)
Senior Team Lead (in financial crime operations) Wise’s financial crime reporting team is looking for a Senior Team Lead to join our growing team in Budapest.
Senior Team Lead (in financial crime operations)
Wise’s financial crime reporting team is looking for a Senior Team Lead to join our growing team in Tallinn or Budapest.
Our financial crime reporting team is responsible for filing suspicious activity reports to global stakeholders with impeccable quality and speed.
The Senior Team Lead will lead a growing team of team leads and oversee our activities across multiple jurisdictions to ensure that the function meets the required deadlines and quality standards established by governing bodies. The challenge is to scale our operations teams while keeping in mind the globalization of Wise.
This role looks after the strategic development of leadership in the financial crime reporting team. It is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and develop a high-performing and compliant team.
What you’ll get to do:
- You will be accountable for forecasting, budgeting, and ensuring the team is meeting the expected KPIs, SLAs and quality standards;
- Ensure planning of team localisation strategy, capabilities, skills, knowledge and capacity, being ultimately accountable for maintaining an adequately staffed, capable, compliant, and trained team;
- You will get to develop team leads and support them in building strong and well executing teams;
- Proactively identify and drive operational enhancements to unlock growth;
- Be a strong communicator who can represent financial crime reporting operations with internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with other teams in Wise to ensure compliance with processes and manage operational impact of changes with focus on operational efficiency and great customer experience;
- You will contribute to definition, scoping and execution of long term plans and objectives, in coordination with other stakeholders.
- Lead by example by promoting a healthy feedback culture, especially around critical, more difficult conversations and leading across locations.
- You’re experienced. An experienced peoples lead with at least 2+ years of experience (preferably as a lead of leads).
- You’re strategic. You think strategically and translate strategy into operational plans and business results.
- You’re tactical. You analyze and identify trends and blockers and take appropriate action.
- You understand operations. You have experience working with operational teams and know how to work with people and processes as well as products.
- You’re reliable. You’ll effectively manage, delegate, oversee, or contribute to cross-team projects, no sweat – You’ve also got the ability to multitask and handle a varied workload, and you always take responsibility in challenging situations – In short, you get it done.
- You’re data-driven. You’ll help setting targets, drive analysis and implementation projects,based on KPIs for your team and work with all support functions such as Continuous Improvement, Workforce Management, Training and Quality Assurance.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritizing, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines. You adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs.
- You’re a strong communicator. You’ve got impeccable verbal and written English skills and you’ve worked internationally, cross-team, or cross-geo before, so you’ll quickly pick up on how best to communicate effectively across different cultures, time zones, and whatever else – You also welcome an open feedback culture, happy both giving and receiving feedback to or from anyone in the organization.
- You’re a self-starter. With a proven track record of taking individual ownership and solving problems creatively, you’ll design, develop, and execute projects for your team in order to enhance efficiency.
- You’re passionate. About customer experience, technology, leading people, building teams, and making a difference for people in your work. These aren’t just lines on a job description, you genuinely enjoy what you do.
- You’re customer-focused. This should go without saying, but this is your guiding light. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on that, so you always have the customer’s best interest in mind and you cultivate this mindset into your teams.
We would love to know more about you: Please indicate in your cover letter how you fulfil the requirements for this position. Kindly note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered, thank you!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.