Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission is to develop a high performing Due Diligence team, to learn more about the compliance world, to improve the sometimes frustrating verification process for our customers, and to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Asia team:
- Develop a strong verification team and support agents on their personal growth path by scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organising team events, providing regular coaching, and more.
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success while planning team capacity and focusing on customer experience.
- Increase the efficiency of the verification team while balancing the health and productivity of your agents.
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver a great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base.
- Accountable for quality assurance of verification performed, making decisions within our policy framework, and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes.
- Manage training the team on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfil them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime.
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of recommendations and policies.
- Work with product teams, customer operations, and across compliance to manage operational impact of changes and drive initiatives to improve the customer experience, increase automation or improve operational efficiencies.
- Able to represent the policies, processes, and auditable verification work to regulators and auditors.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – You’ll think big. With Wise’s service level growth and globalisation in mind, you’ll ensure visibility and guarantee collaboration and opportunities to improve the state of KYC operations and scalability. You’ll make sure we’re compliant in our processes and product, because this isn’t just a job, we’re a revolution!
- Develop Wisers – You’ll scale culture and help to create a positive and motivating work environment for our Wisers. You’ll ensure the health and productivity of the agents within your teams by helping to set the right culture and implement the right individualised approaches. We don’t believe in drama, only good Karma!
- Inspire teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with our compliance and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems, while remaining ever vigilant of risks and regulations. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on that!
- Work globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. You’ll also travel to work and learn with our teams in other offices. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
- You are a Singaporean Citizen or Permanent resident (please note we cannot support visas for this role)
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent (additional language skills are a plus)
- You have strong administrative skill and extremely organised, with familiarity in navigating administrative systems
- You have a good understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding customer verification and familiarity with reading legal and regulatory documents, preferably from a market that Wise currently operates in.
- You’re a great communicator with strong presentation skills and can assist internal and external projects and audits, and you’re comfortable and calm when either giving or receiving feedback
- You have the ability to analyse and move team’s metrics and KPIs, and forecast resources for effective planning
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership over your duties taking charge in different situations, and passionate about developing your team
- You have previous work experience in the financial sector or similar (eg. relevant regulatory landscape)
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.