A bit about the role
As Wise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot the rocket ship. Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements
- Work with Regional Controllers, Reporting and Tax Teams to ensure financial compliance, including controlling local audits of the UK and EU Investment firms
- Work with the Prudential Controller, Regional Controllers and FP&A to review and ensure compliance over group capital rules while creating automated monitoring solutions
- Help the Regional Finance team in performing day-to-day overview of the investment legal entities, including analysing financial results, preparing and reviewing regulatory reporting, making sure necessary financial controls are performed
- Work with finance teams, especially Finance Product team (software engineers) to ensure systems, controls and processes are prepared for regional requirements
A bit about you
- Relevant experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, financial advisory or management accounting
- Knowledge of IFRS and strong understanding of accounting principles
- Prior experience in a prudentially regulated controller environment, including experience in prudential regulations (e.g. IFPR, CRR, ICAAP/ ILAAP or equivalents overseas) in a multinational environment
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here)
- A self starter with the ability to analyse data, take judgements and suggest structural and product strategies to improve capital and liquidity efficiency
- Able to work as part of a multinational and multi disciplined team to adhere to the prudential regulations in the most optimal way for our customers
- Worked in a fast moving financial services (preferably fintech) environment
Will be considered advantage but not necessary experience:
- Experience in assessing and concluding on complex accounting and regulatory matters, including setting up accounting policies, preparing accounting treatment papers etc
- Experience of reviewing, creating or running risk models, stress tests and regulatory monitoring
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance, accounting and financial services regulatory terminology and have ability to understand their importance in how we pilot the rocket ship
Who are you?
- You have a passion for what we’re building at TransferWise and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.