We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Issuance team in the Singapore office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The Spend squad has built one of the most significant debit card products in the world with over 2 million cards issued in over 40+ countries in 5 continents with more to be added soon. The squad now consists of 8+ Product teams based across Singapore, London and Tallinn. The Spend Issuance team is based in Singapore and owns the onboarding of card customers, starting with the ordering flow to how we ensure that the customer becomes an active card user.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to give our customers a reliable, convenient and eventually free way to spend anywhere in the world.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Issuance team
- You will build and own your team’s roadmap to make sure that we achieve our mission by helping us grow the number of people using our card.
- You will work with Engineering, Analytics, Designers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Risk, Finance to ensure that we’re able to deliver new products and features to our customers.
- Conceptualise new initiatives that can help us unlock new customer segments and acquire more active users.
- Identify and solve existing pain points by digesting the data, talking to customers, reading feedback, talking to operational teams, among others.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- Learn about the payments domain, more specifically cards and how they work, what we need to do to issue cards, and the economics of offering different card products around the world.
- You’re passionate about problem solving, product and user experience, customers are at the heart of what you do. You love talking to customers and building stuff that solves their problems.
- You have launched complex products in the past that required cross-team collaboration. Whether it’s sign-off from Compliance, defining the product flows with Design, talking with Engineering about the architecture, drafting terms and conditions with Legal, etc. You’re able to break down a big initiative into smaller steps and figure out who is responsible for what.
- You care about the quality of the product, you’re extremely detail-oriented and have an eye for design — misaligned buttons annoy the heck out of you.
- You don’t need an analyst to help you find data. You should know how to use BI tools to manipulate readily available data to back your decisions, but also be able to write SQL queries if that doesn’t exist. You like numbers, and you’re able to interpret the data in terms of actionable insights.
- You have defined and owned a team’s roadmap.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.