Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. Spanning over 3,800 employees in 20+ countries we’re a truly global business.
The People team works on multiple global cross-team projects, to constantly improve the employee experience and stay ahead of the game. We are looking for a Program Manager to help take the people team cross-team projects, global frameworks and their planning to the next level.
This isn’t a job for someone who wants to maintain the status quo. Instead this role would suit someone who wants to solve problems. Help build something new, and work at pace. We’re looking for someone with experience working in medium to large, complex businesses who know what best practice looks like on a global scale.
It’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, support our employees in all things payroll and help save our customers millions .
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re looking for someone who lives our values, will help grow our culture, and drive our mission forward! 🚀
Your mission is to use your extensive programme management experience and thought leadership to build our Programme Management Office. You will start by understanding our current projects and how they stack up against each other, in order to build out the right approach for our global function.
In addition you’ll also:
- Build and maintain close trusted partnerships with the People Team, Leads, project leads and business leaders so that the People team is set for collaboration, delivery and success on all active projects across Wise.
- Support the leaders within the People team on identifying conflicting priorities, identify key gaps and enable them to deliver projects efficiently.
- Prepare and organise planning sessions across the People team, communicating People team plans on a company-wide level.
- Hold project leads to account and partner to deliver BAU and organisational project plans and goals and manage some of the biggest and most impactful projects/ programmes directly.
- Monitor the progress of our projects and report on the portfolio status of these.
- Develop tools, methodologies and training as needed and help ensure adherence to best practice program delivery.
- Help the people team and Leads to identify and recommend areas, where they should be focusing next in addition to helping prioritise projects.
- Focus on efficiencies and process improvements as you go so we continuously improve project management tools and practices. We work primarily in Slack, Jira, Confluence and G-suite.
Most importantly you’ll hold the People Team and their stakeholders to account when it comes to projects, their planning and deliverables, making sure we remain on track.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Mission
- Set-up and manage consolidated People team project tracking process
- Produce project highlight reports (bi-weekly/monthly)
- Flag areas of high impact/ risk across project portfolio – ensure escalation channels are clear and accessible
- Run or attend (as appropriate) Project Boards or Steering Groups
- Maintain list of ‘possible’/pipeline projects
- Set-up, manage and/or support project review, approval, prioritisation and initiation processes
- Review and help ensure risk frameworks and reporting are up to date by applicable stakeholders
- Ensure suitable treatment for sensitive, high priority, or significant business impacting projects
- Provide project and/or change management support for projects of the above nature
- Create PM tool-kit to help ensure projects teams have the correct toolsets and processes in place to deliver projects successfully
- Collaborate with peers to determine relevant project KPIs
- Support (where required) project change management and communications (from planning through to execution) specifically owning communication strategy
- Ensure alignment across project change and communication activities – align and simplify where possible
- Work closely with Internal Communications team to ensure alignment across projects & BAU communications that will be cascaded to all-team or regions
- Support the identification of business improvement/simplification initiatives and the conversion of these into projects through leads and stakeholders.
Stuff that comes naturally to you
- Independent thinker – you’re willing to challenge the status quo, speak up and help others see things from other perspectives
- Collaborative – relationships get you out of bed in the morning, building and fostering them over time. Also not afraid to challenge and say no, without creating damage
- Data savvy – you’ll always start with data, facts and insights to help inform your approach to solving problems and analysing needs
- Creative problem solver – we’re not a ‘one size fits all’ kind of business and we’re not looking for off the shelf solutions; we need you to think creatively and be flexible in your outlook
- Project management – you’ll be strongly solutions focused, able to identify problems and drive initiatives that have a measurable impact
- Change management and communication – you’re great at guiding the business through change and amazing at communicating
- Regional / multi-site experience – you’re experienced supporting leaders and employees split across geographies and timezones
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.