We’re looking for a financial crime specialist to join our growing compliance team in Brussels. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist in financial crime and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by keeping the bad guys away.
- Support with the implementation of the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations and the continuous compliance with those
- Training of the compliance operational teams with regards to Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
- Implementation of upcoming Belgian AML regulations
- Drafting of the Wise Europe compliance operational policies
- Working with the product teams in order to ensure the compliance of the products offered by Wise Europe with the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s customers and products and how we are achieving Money Without Borders.
- Help keep our product safe from the bad guys.
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll be part of the compliance team in our Belgian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
- Play a role in helping the Belgian authorities to protect customers, beyond just Wise.
A bit about you:
- Experience in the AML field (being part of the compliance team of a financial institution: KYC, transaction monitoring…)
- Curious mind and desire to investigate
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw insights from data and use that to drive decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations: you are able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Language: English & French or Dutch mandatory
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Previous experience in working in a compliance team of a financial institution regulated in Belgium
- Able to speak French fluently
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.