At Wise we believe that the people closest to risks are best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Financial Crime professional to join Wise’s mission, who will get close to the Suspicious Activity Reporting process and maintain oversight of the investigation process and its output.
- Coach and mentor the first line reporting team to apply best practices
- Act as final point of approval for all SARs before they are submitted to CTIF
- Support the AMLCO and FinCrime Oversight Specialists on enquiries and projects relating to reporting to the FIU
- Create an independent oversight reporting logic that keeps the AMLCO and the responsible leaders of Wise EU fully informed of current and emerging Financial Crime risks as they are reflected in reporting to the FIU
- Provide feedback to the first line AML investigations and reporting teams on how to effectively adapt their controls to address EU specific Financial Crime risks
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Choose your own path to success – this is a newly created role and the first that is solely responsible for deep diving into the world of SAR oversight
Collaborate with bright Financial Crime Compliance people across the globe – making an impact not just in Europe but across the globe
Build a small but mighty team that supports you to continuously achieve your objectives.
Learn and develop tremendously both technical compliance and personal skills.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone that’s passionate about financial crime, fintech and building an incredible product that changes the financial lives of customers across the globe. You should have:
- Experience in working with CTIF, the Belgian FIU
- An excellent storyteller that helps our investigations come to life and supports the FIU in their fight against crime
- Comfortable with data and metrics, so that creating measurable SAR metrics will come as second nature
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.