Wise is one of Europe’s fastest growing Fintech companies, revolutionising international finance for over 13 million customers in more than 70 different countries. The tax team is looking for an awesome new member to come on board to help us scale in all of the markets we operate and assist with expansion in new markets with a focus on transfer pricing.
You’ll be part of a commercially-minded Tax team, helping to ensure our tax affairs are efficient, transparently compliant and slick so that our mission is sustainable.
Your mission will be:
- Own the review process and controls for the month end transfer pricing process.
- Understanding material business changes and ensuring they are correctly reflected in the transfer pricing calculation and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Be the point person for the accounting team on any operational transfer pricing queries that arise.
- Assist with the preparation of the Wise Group transfer pricing documentation.
- Assist with the half year and full year reporting cycles for the Wise group.
- Work with finance to ensure forecasts are up to date and accurate.
- Assist with identifying and mitigating permanent establishment risk.
- Determine the transfer pricing arrangement for all new markets we enter into globally.
- Draft communication for external stakeholders explaining the Wise Group and our transfer pricing policy.
- Work closely with financial controllers, accounting, and finance system teams for sources of data and information, including directly extracting information from our Finance system.
- Work with the tax team on the advice and delivery of both new products and existing products in new locations
As we continue to scale at speed, this role will inevitably evolve over time, so you’ll need to be proactive, independent and excited at the prospect of solving unfamiliar problems.
- Relevant Practical experience in tax in a professional services firm or in-house environment).
- Excellent Excel and finance systems skills and comfortable analysing large volumes of data.
- Solid understanding of core accounting and tax principles.
- Independent self-starter with good communication skills (we are a global organisation with offices around the world so remote communication is key).
Some extra skills that would be great
- Accounting or law degree, and fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA, or similar.
- Practical experience of direct taxes or transfer pricing in an in-house environment
- Experience working in o for technology and/or financial services organisations.
- Interest in technology and its use in tax and finance.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.