Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
A bit about the job:
Wise’s fast-growing and international AML team is looking for a skilled and passionate Law Enforcement Liaison Officer to join the team based in Tallinn. We are looking for someone independent who is able to work under limited supervision. You should be precise and have an eye for detail.
We have a lot of excitement in our work, but you should also be able to tolerate some routine stuff that needs to be done. We are looking for someone who is a good team player and isn’t afraid to take responsibility.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the AML team:
- Handling law enforcement information requests in accordance with internal guidelines;
- Investigating requests and gathering data;
- Filing suspicious activity reports where required;
- Maintaining working relationship with law enforcement agencies;
- Analysing trends and making recommendations to process enhancements.
- You’re based and legally authorised to work in Estonia;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages such as Spanish or French will be an important bonus;
- You have 1-3 years of experience in AML, Fraud or Law Enforcement, preferably in investigating suspicious activity;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree;
- You’re experienced in investigative techniques;
- You’ve got strong attention to detail;
- You’re able to make decisions and judgment calls on your own;
- You’re able to multi-task and take responsibility in difficult situations.
NB! Please only apply if you have a working permit in Estonia!
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in English.
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.