Surveillance (EDD) Team Lead
We’re looking for an energetic and experienced Team Lead to join our growing Surveillance (Enhanced Due Diligence) team in Tallinn, Estonia. This role is a unique opportunity to develop a high performing Surveillance team, while leveraging your knowledge and experience to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise! The Surveillance Team Lead is a people lead with a mindset that allows them to build processes that put our customers first while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry, specific products, and requirements set to us by regulations and partners.
The role as the Surveillance (EDD) Team Lead gives you the opportunity to:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a Surveillance (Enhanced Due Diligence) team, including amongst others administrative tasks such as scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organising team activities etc;
- Measure team KPIs, plan capacity and maintain focus on the customer experience;
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver a great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base;
- Be accountable for quality assurance of the investigations performed, taking decisions within our policy framework and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes;
- Understand and manage training the team on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfil them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime;
- Be able to represent policies, processes and auditable investigation work to regulators and auditors;
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies;
- Work with product teams, customer support and across compliance to manage operational impact of changes and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, increase automation or improve operational efficiencies.
As the Surveillance (EDD) Team Lead you should have the following skills:
- You have very good verbal and written English, any other languages are a plus;
- You have the ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- You have a good understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding customer verification, preferably from a market that Wise currently operates in;
- You are operating and leading according to the company values;
- You have great communication and presentations skills, to support internal and external projects and audits;
- You have thorough understanding of and ability to analyse and move of team’s metrics/KPIs;
- You can manage the support and development of different area’s specialists;
- You have proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player;
- You have the familiarity with reading legal and regulatory documents;
- You have previous work experience in the financial sector or similar (that has given you an understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape).
- You are legally authorised to work in Estonia.
- Application and Cover Letter review
- Take Home assignment
- First interview with a team lead or a team member and senior team lead
- Final interview with the senior lead and the area lead
If this sounds like a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English (answering the question below) before 27th of September 2022.
- What are the biggest obstacles a Surveillance team faces in a fast growing FinTech company and how would you address those?
Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.