Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal.
We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented API Technical Support Engineer to join our mission.
This position is available in Tallinn, Estonia. As API Technical Support Engineer you’ll become part of a global API Support team whose main focus is to support our partners (enterprise and financial institutions) during the pre-sales, integration and post launch phases of the implementation. Continuously analyzing and improving processes and tooling to ensure flawless experience of API users, regardless of whether it's a huge enterprise or another Wise user calling our public API.
What does it take?
- Get to know the Wise API and Wise Platform capabilities to the finest details.
- Provide technical support to engineers from companies and partners who are integrating with the Wise Public API. https://api-docs.wise.com/
- Making sure our technical support is friendly and empathetic, provides solutions to problems accurately, timely and consistently.
- Maintain API documentation, examples and FAQs to minimize contact rates.
- Make suggestions on how to improve the API based on customer feedback.
- Support the sales team from a technical standpoint during calls with potential partners.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a scalable onboarding and proactive support frameworks for partners.
- Mediate during incidents involving the right teams and providing feedback to partners.
Is this you?
- You have strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- You’re able to define the scope of your responsibilities and keep the focus to deliver.
- You are passionate about technology and its relationship with business and customer experience.
- You know how to use SQL databases, test and debug REST APIs and read logs. Postman and curl are a part of your toolbox.
- You have empathy for users and are able to provide great support and onboarding experience.
- You are willing to travel, to work and learn with product engineering, customer support and operations teams across the world.
- You are humble and work well in a team with a diverse group of people from all over the globe and in different timezones.
Who We Are
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send and receive money instantly, conveniently, transparently and eventually free.
We’re taking this one step further and bringing Wise to customers’ own bank and business products and we’re looking for the very best to help us achieve our goals.
- We value you, your opinion and your skills. We really do. In fact we trust you so much that it will be entirely up to you and your team only to figure out what needs to be done to address the challenge. There is no hierarchy to go to for getting your plans approved. No managers taking glory for your achievements.
- Customers first. Here at Wise we don’t hire people who blindly follow orders, who excuse bad outcomes with “we followed the process” and who are never willing to go the extra mile.
- We get things done. If you have already accomplished great things which stand out from the average then you will feel right at home in Wise.
- Find out more about the way we build our product: https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering
What does success look like?
- You’ll have found your place in our mission by understanding how to drive engineering solutions and look to future challenges
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product has on their lives
- You’ll make contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company
- You’ll inspire a team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class global banking product that impacts tens of millions of customers
What you get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and execution together with the team
- The freedom to have real impact – engineers and leads at Wise are trusted with a high degree of autonomy, you’re not a cog in the machine.
- The opportunity to inspire teams
Some of our benefits:
- 🚀 RSU's in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🚀Annual Summer Days festival
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.