Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. We’re just at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
In this role as a Risk Specialist in Wise Europe’s second line Risk Management Team, you will be a key contributor in, and risk partner for the delivery of the risk management framework in Europe. This role is an exciting opportunity for you if you have some risk management experience and are looking to do impactful work. The role will report to and be supported by the Head of Europe Risk and will be based in Brussels (Belgium).
Here’s what will you be doing:
- Contribute in preparation of risk/board committee reporting for Europe and regulatory reporting.
- Be a champion of risk related matters and promote the implementation of risk management toolset within Europe.
- Partner with business and operations team to help identify the country risks, support in development and remediation of mitigation plans
- Actively Contribute to the preparation and the consolidation of Europe RCSA.
- Conduct detailed risk reviews, second line control monitoring and testing plus analyses
- Work closely with the global risk team to understand risk management framework and implement within the region.
- Support the training, awareness of risk management practices and educate the businesses and operations team.
- Be a champion on HighBond use and follow up on risk submissions an update
This role would be great for someone who has:
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Ability in analysing risk exposures and patterns, and provide a comprehensive assessment of risk
- Ability to create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time to complete work
- Excellent research, analysis and reporting skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to effectively analyse and present data
- Ability to play, sort & analyse a large amount of data
It would be ideal but not essential if you had:
- Two to Five years’ experience as a risk analyst, or any supporting role within Risk Management function, ideally within the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies, including experience with Risk Management Frameworks which are aligned to ISO 31000:2018 risk management standards
- Business related bachelor's degree and risk management certification (i.e. RMIA Certified Risk Management Practitioner) advantageous
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.