We’re looking for a talented Staff Content Designer to join our design team in London. You’ll be embedded in the Support tribe as a key strategic partner as we grow our product offering – and fly the flag for good content and its impact on our customers’ experience. You’ll build up the content design practice in Support – hiring, developing and mentoring the content designers working on our growing number of products.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be collaborating with other Wisers in a cross-functional team at the intersection of marketing and product. You’ll contribute to how our product is positioned, how our welcome experiences come to life, and how we onboard customers in their first interactions with us. We’re trying to build the world’s best account opening experience and help millions of new customers get started on Wise quickly, securely and with zero hassle.
And while your home is the Support squad, you’ll also be part of the Content Guild, collaborating with writers across Wise, at weekly and ad-hoc crits.
How you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll get to know Wise customers, building empathy and deep understanding of their needs and using this knowledge to make products that support them.
- You’ll use your expertise to discover, design and deliver simple, beautifully crafted, intuitive experiences that customers love.
- You’ll be influential in your team, increasing customer-centeredness, creativity, and content quality.
- You’ll use your perspective and experience to identify ways content designers in your squad can have a bigger impact, and support and advocate for them to do their best work for our customers.
In this role you’ll:
- Ship work you’re proud of.
- Own your impact. Product teams decide what opportunities to work on, and define their success metrics.
- Elevate product quality. You define what ‘good’ looks like to your team. And you help them deliver it.
- Be part of a positive change in the world. We’re fixing a broken, greedy system, and putting people and businesses in control of their money.
Naturally you’re a great writer with a strong background creating clear, effective, and empathetic content for apps and services.
You use solid UX principles and data to define what you work on and drive up content quality in products. You’re also confident in practicing content-first design and being a key strategic partner to other designers, engineers and product managers – ensuring good content is always baked into new products right from the start.
- You’ve got solid experience as a content designer or UX writer. You’ve written for digital products across both mobile and web interfaces — with a portfolio of impactful work to show for it
- You’re always happy to explain your process, and demonstrate how your content solves real customer problems.
- You’re collaborative and set a strong example with your craft. You find ways to teach and build conviction in others — across teams, offices and cultures.
- You know how best to test content, feel comfortable picking up new, relevant design tools, and use data to prioritise what you work on.
- You can give and receive feedback constructively, and you’re always keen to learn.
- You’re comfortable directing work that has a strong need for content-centric design thinking, and can take the lead in meetings, workshops and brainstorms.
And as a heads up, this probably isn’t for you if
- Your experience is mostly in marketing content, advertising, copywriting, journalism or social media – and you have no hands-on experience of content design or working in UX.
- You need a structured briefing process to do your best work — here we expect everyone to shape the way they work and the impact they have on the product.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Also, academic qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.