Due Diligence Team Lead
We’re looking for a Due Diligence Team Lead to join our growing customer verification team in Tampa, FL! This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a fraud expert and help save millions more people money.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $62,500 annually + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + wide array of benefits! (more info below 😉)
You will have the chance to provide visibility and guarantee collaboration in our Due Diligence team while keeping in mind the service level growth and globalization of Wise. In this role you will get the chance to suggest opportunities to improve Due Diligence operations state and scalability, make sure we are compliant in our processes and product, and forecast required resources.
The Due Diligence Team Lead is a people lead with a mindset that allows them to build processes that put our customers first while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry, specific products, and requirements set to us by regulations and partners.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Due Diligence Team:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a Due Diligence team, including amongst others administrative tasks such as scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organizing team activities, etc
- Measure team KPIs, plan capacity, and maintain focus on the customer experience
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver a great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base
- Accountable for quality assurance of verification performed, taking decisions within our policy framework and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes
- Understand and manage training the team on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfill them, and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime
- Able to represent the policies, processes and auditable verification work to regulators and auditors
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies
- Work with product teams, customer support teams, and across compliance to manage operational impact of changes and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, increase automation or improve operational efficiencies.
A bit about you:
- Very good verbal & written English, and any other languages are a plus
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Good understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding financial customer verification and the KYC/EDD processes, preferably from a market that Wise currently operates in
- Previous people leadership experience, ideally in a financial compliance setting that has given you an understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape
- Great communication and presentations skills, to support internal and external projects and audits
- Good understanding and ability to analyze and move of team’s metrics
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
- Familiarity with reading legal and regulatory documents
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time hybrid position based in Tampa, Florida
- 💵 $62,500 annual starting salary
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- Here’s some more info on our benefits in Tampa
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.