We’re looking for an experienced Treasury Dealer to join our Treasury team in London. This role is a unique growth opportunity in a newly created team, with the ability to have a direct impact on TransferWise's mission, Money without Borders.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help us manage our FX risk in real time and help us keep lowering our prices
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team:
- Using your experience managing dealing activities, you will help us manage group wide FX risks and manage liquidity trades to ensure we have money where our customers need it.
- Working directly within our product team to automate risk management and funding strategies once proven
- Be part of the team rolling out new currencies and products, ensuring Treasury can manage the risk efficiently in time for new launches
- Build and deliver reporting on dealing activities and monthly improvements as the role evolves
- Propose updates and upgrades to our dealing approach, policies, controls and systems
- Own the execution relationships with our banks and counter parties, ensuring we are negotiating on price, and optimising for both price and broader relationship whenever we trade
- Bringing your external markets knowledge and experience to our product focused teams to ensure we can keep growing at scale
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be part of a rapidly growing team, in an expanding business, giving opportunities to expand the role as you grow
- Be flexible in how you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel and work with our teams globally, as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Grow as a leader – with our rapid growth, this role will need to be a source of markets expertise across our business
- Experience in a high paced FX environment across a broad range of currencies
- Confident dealing swaps to manage forward exposures
- A good professional relationship builder with our banks and counter parties
- You have delivered tools or internal products/processes that optimise and scale in the treasury environment (Trading, safeguarding, Cash Management, Pricing, Risk management, etc. )
- You are hands-on with data and enjoy diving in to find insights
- You can easily communicate complex ideas to various crowds
- Open approach to problem solving in a fast paced environment
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Experience in the payments industry/fintech space
- You are familiar with accounting terminology and frameworks
- Experience with Asset Management execution (Bonds, MMFs etc)
- ACT Qualifications
- Experience in product roles/working closely with product teams
- You worked with Data Scientists/are comfortable with getting your own data using SQLPythonetc
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.