Wise is on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And we’re looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best mobile experience possible.
The Wise card is a key part of the borderless proposition, it is responsible for the “spend” part of the general vision. Card issuing is the best way to let customers spend their money in the modern world, but we should keep in mind that real plastic cards are only one of a possible solution to spending problems. Tomorrow it could be virtual cards, Apple and Google Pay, QR codes, mobile payments, or something else that is not yet invented. Our mission statement for the Spend squad is: Give our customers reliable, easy to use and eventually free way to pay from borderless accounts everywhere in the world.
What does it take?
- A passion for technology, product and user experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery approach
- The ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
Is that you?
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience building Android apps that delight users
- Full-stack Android development (Activities, Fragments, Views, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, SQLite, etc.)
- Experience with Android libraries (such as Android ViewModels, Room DB, RxJava, Kotlin Flows, Android Navigation, Hilt, Gson, Kotlin X, Retrofit etc.) +
- The desire for creating clean, testable code
- Practical experience of SOLID principles and when and how to apply them
Experience working with a version control system like git
- Strong understanding of REST API Design
- Any experience with Jetpack Compose, Kotlin Flow and Kotlin Multiplatform would be great!
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What the first six months in this role will look like:
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- Understanding the Fintech domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully developed new features, from planning to release, and keep monitoring their adoption once live
Gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take your product further
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
Some of our benefits:
- 🚀 RSU's in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🚀Annual Summer Days festival
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.