We’re looking for a Cards Operations Specialist to join our team in Singapore office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise's mission; be part of our cross-border/international Spend and Cards Tribe, help save millions more people money and work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to play a key role in building Wise cards, as well as mapping and driving the product improvements and working with internal and external partners.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Cards Operations :
- Build ownership of operational processes and solutions (for example: daily stock operations and production monitoring, documentation of processes, incident management, invoice(s) processing, project management -OKRs (Objective & Key Results) & KPIs (Key Performance Indicators))
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support it with analysis and contextual data.
- Act as the first level problem solver.
- Help reach KPIs and SLAs for the team that impact customer experience and operational efficiency.
- Contribute in short and long-term planning.
- Understand product prioritisation in cross-team plannings.
- Take control of partner communications and reduce SLAs.
- Focus on mission zero – identify opportunity costs on lower fees and operational costs.
- Focus on building secured processes – ensuring all processes and developments are risk free and/or kept to a minimum as fair as possible.
- Work with product managers and developers to identify solutions and opportunities for process optimisation.
- Help coordinate new products/partners set-up, testing and launching in new regions.
- Retrospective focus on current processes to better identify improvements and agility.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You have great Google spreadsheet skills
- You’re flexible with your working hours. Our customers are based globally and we aim to help them any time they need it. We’re flexible with how we work covering different times, occasionally during public holidays.
- You’re accurate, proactive and pay attention to every detail. You enjoy owning your work and take charge on projects when needed
- You have great time management skills and ability to prioritize your work accordingly.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this.
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to recognise areas you don’t know and the humility to learn
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work.
- You have a fair understanding of the world of OKRs(Objective & Key Results)and KPIs(Key Performance Indicators)
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You are interested in or have knowledge/experience in payment card industry.
- You've worked with cross border teams on projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work – know the challenges and how to overcome those
- Intermediate data & analytical skills – you know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact.
If you're interested in the position, please submit your CV and cover letter by 30th October. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- What are your expectations of this role?
- Considering your skills and experience, how will you contribute to Wise’s Mission Zero?
- What does a supportive and healthy team culture mean to you?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.