Role Snapshot: Accountable for providing knowledge, skills and support to business areas that will enable them to embed all aspects of Operational Resilience, and support the team Head in embedding the principles of the new regulations relating to important business services, documenting and testing these plans.
You’ll need an excellent understanding of operational resilience disciplines and regulatory expectations, new operational resilience regulations, including important business services.
About the role:
- Working in partnership with our stakeholders to support the implementation, embedding and improvement of Operational Resilience policies and frameworks.
- Providing guidance, from an Operational Resilience perspective, on the proposed designs of new or changing products, processes, and IT services, providing feedback and challenge
- Working with key business and resilience stakeholders to provide insights into best practice and using analysis, experience, and judgement to provide a view of resilience
- Acting as a trusted adviser to establish strong relationships with business and functional leads
- Supporting the development of robust resilience plans
- Working with the Incident Management team to ensure a cohesive approach
This Role Will Give You The Opportunity To
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than being told what to do, you’ll take ownership from day one. Of course, you will have feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll experience unique levels of ownership and empowerment within your role.
- Shape a new team – As a principal member of the Third Party Risk Management team you will be instrumental in shaping its direction and helping it grow.
- Be part of our mission to move money without borders.
- Demonstrable experience leading, building, embedding and scaling third party risk management processes to effectively onboard, manage and offboard third parties.
- Excellent understanding of operational resilience disciplines and regulatory expectations, new operational resilience regulations, including important business services.
- Experience in implementing third party risk management processes in the financial services sector would be highly beneficial.
- Have a track record in taking ownership of cross-functional projects and clear communication, including being able to focus people behind a common goal, ‘tell the story’ and make the complex simple.
- Can adapt your approach to working with a range of stakeholders with different needs
- A knowledge of how fast growth companies work – how to balance between maturity in governance and processes, and the practical considerations of fast growth and scaling.
- Have a get-it-done, collaborative approach to problem solving and an ability to seek creative, risk-based solutions for complex matters with minimal oversight.
- Well-organised and able to manage and prioritise numerous projects simultaneously.
- Have professionalism and high integrity.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.