Our mission is money without borders – instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. To build the world’s first true multi-currency banking infrastructure we’ve built cutting edge data capabilities, but as we grow we need to keep evolving these. The Data Platform at Wise encompasses a broad section of our foundations, from machine learning, to real-time data streaming (Kafka), analytics (Snowflake/Looker) and database infra (Postgres/MariaDB).
This is a technical domain, but the product role isn’t there to provide the technical solution (we have great engineers for that), this role is about understanding our user needs, setting a long term vision for data at Wise and using metrics to drive outcomes in that space.
In this role you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping how we scale-up our data platform with a cloud native approach. Data is at the heart of our product and the way we manage its lifecycle is becoming more and more important. Our data governance capability is beginning to establish itself and this role will be key to its long term success. Decisions we make now will shape the long term evolution of our platform and with that a meaningful impact on our mission.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Understand the needs and complexity of data at a rapidly scaling enterprise. Taking this insight you’ll work with engineering leads to define a roadmap and strategy to achieve our goals and impact our mission.
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act independently. You define your own path but you’ll get support from experienced product and engineering leaders to achieve your goals.
- Work across multiple teams to define success metrics that measure the overall impact and success of the data product/s.
- Grow as a domain expert – Cloud Computing, Data and banking infrastructure are only just beginning to make friends, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape this at a significant (and rapidly growing) scale.
- Have a good understanding of open source Data technologies, data analytics and machine learning, and enjoy getting stuck into the details of complex and large data architectures that actually achieve a business outcome
- You’re empathetic, user focused, you don’t mind knocking on doors to gather user needs and feedback
- Proven experience leading one or multiple product teams that deliver high quality user experiences and to prioritise between short term tactical improvements and long strategic initiatives
- You understand the fundamentals of a cloud native ecosystem, and are intrinsically motivated by solving technical problems in the data domain.
- Passionate about outcomes over deliverables, able to use data to measure the impact of them
- You’re a confident communicator, able to grasp and translate technical constructs into simple language that resonate with any audience through written or spoken mediums
We believe that diverse teams bring fresh perspectives, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Interested? Find out more:
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.