What’s the role
We’re looking for a technical SEO specialist to join our newly formed and rapidly growing Owned Sites team.
As a technical SEO specialist in the Owned Sites team, you’ll have the backing and resources of Wise with the freedom and autonomy to run tests and experiments on sites you’ll take full ownership of.
Excited by the idea of launching 40 million URLs or running split tests on sites used by millions of people? Then this could be the right role for you, as you’ll be joining colleagues who did that in their first couple of months in the team.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying, prioritising, and executing new opportunities in search. This could be through launching a new category on an existing site, building a site from scratch, or acquiring a third party site that already ranks for relevant keywords.
We’re looking for someone who is methodical, execution-first, and that can thrive in an ambitious and ambiguous environment. Experience using APIs to extract data and meaningful insights is a big plus.
Owned Sites is like a start-up within Wise. We’re part of the marketing team, and our focus is on acquiring new customers and driving revenue through a portfolio of ~50 bought-and-built sites that sit outside of Wise.com. Exiap, a transparent international money transfer comparison website powered by APIs is a good example of this.
We do more than just SEO. We build products to make the lives of our future customers easier, and they in turn reward us with their trust.
- Identify, size, and prioritise new opportunities through keyword research and commercial value
- Understand our prospective customers: who they are and what they want
- Produce and scale high quality websites and landing pages
- Work closely with our development team to meet your objectives
- Optimise landing pages to meet business goals and provide an excellent user experience
- Ensure the sites and products you look after follow SEO best practice
- Measure opportunity and impact, and make data-driven decisions
- See the results of your work making a difference to people in their everyday lives
- You have experience working as a technical SEO, either in-house or at an agency
- You have a track record of growing user acquisition through growing traffic
- You have independently completed complex SEO projects (for example: site architecture planning, crawl optimization, launch of a new site/product etc.)
- You are methodical in your approach (but avoid paralysis by analysis)
- You have an execution-driven mindset
- You have hands-on experience with both content and technical SEO
- You have experience working with APIs (e.g. using Screaming Frog with the Search Console inspection API or using Google Sheet scripts)
- You are comfortable working in a highly ambiguous environment
- You prioritise effectively, take ownership, and get things done
- You have experience building business cases and persuading with data
- You know how to measure your own performance
- You work well individually and within a team
- You are not afraid to learn new things
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You speak a foreign language and/or can conduct keyword research in foreign languages
- You have successfully conducted user research or formed decisions based on user research data
- You have run your own side project
Salary: Between £40,000 and £55,000.
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible. This role is flexible but not fully remote. We believe face-to-face contact is hugely important for new Wisers, so we ask new joiners to come in for 2-3 days per week during their onboarding period and a minimum of 1 day per week thereafter
- Stock options of £12,800 in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
We’re committed to making money transfer instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. We’re also growing other products and our teams at an incredible pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.