We’re looking to expand our Sanctions team in the Americas at Wise, so we’re looking to welcome new Sanctions Specialists to join our crime fighting squad in the Austin office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a salary range starting at $72,500 annually + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
Read more about our open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
The Sanctions Specialist is a job where understanding Sanctions regulations is essential. The Sanctions Specialist supports Sanctions screening analysts in complicated cases and provides expert knowledge in other sanctions related escalations. This role requires significant familiarity with OFAC including experience with rejecting, blocking, and reporting transactions.
- Acting as a first point contact and subject matter expert for sanction concerns raised by other compliance teams
- Conducting enhanced investigations on escalated sanctions alerts from junior team members
- Prepare and support all sanctions required reporting (e.g., OFAC Blocked and Rejected transactions, Annual Reporting of Blocked Property, reporting pursuant to general or specific licenses, as required)
- Provide advice and guidance to other teams and key stakeholders – regionally and globally, on OFAC sanctions regulations and related Wise policies and procedures
- Monitoring global regulatory changes that may impact Wise’s sanctions compliance requirements and identify any changes to internal policies and procedures
- Identifying gaps in policies/procedures, training, resources, and organizational structures are actioned to ensure that regulatory requirements are meet
- Conduct investigations and analysis in support of OFAC subpoenas and related inquiries and potential voluntary disclosures to OFAC
A bit about you:
- Minimum of 2 years of previous work experience in Sanctions compliance roles at a financial institution
- Experience handling sanctions escalations and filing rejection and blocking reports with OFAC
- Subject matter knowledge of OFAC regulatory obligations and the ability to effectively communicate that knowledge with your peers
- Excellent verbal and written English, any other languages are a plus
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Punctual, independent, proactive, and willing to get things done
- Cross-team cooperation and very good communication skills
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot provide Visas for this role
- This is NOT a permanently remote position, this is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience completing voluntary self-disclosure analyses
- Experience and/or understanding of UK and EU sanctions regulations
- Certification as a Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS)
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- 💻 Our employees can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world our employees choose.
- 🌍 Relocation expenses covered
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- Find out more about our benefits in our Austin location.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.