UK Regulatory Compliance Assurance Lead (Regulatory Internal Audit Senior Manager)
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a UK Lead who will focus on developing and maintaining our regulatory compliance testing plan for the UK as our team grows. You will work with colleagues from a wide variety of teams including Product, Treasury, Operations and Compliance to provide assurance and help strengthen Wise’s approach to managing the regulatory risks throughout a range of current and new products. You will work with global colleagues to share best practice and coordinate approaches.
- Work with key stakeholders to create and deliver a risk based testing plan for the UK, including identifying and testing key controls to evaluate compliance with rules and regulations. Work closely with colleagues in the Financial Crime Assurance or other controls testing teams to avoid duplication.
- Proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced, as well as tracking these through to completion.
- Support the wider team strategy by collaborating with global colleagues and developing the UK team.
Adapt your focus depending on the regulatory agenda, growth plans and compliance needs.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of risk and control and have experience designing and carrying out risk-based controls testing in a compliance, IA, audit or consulting role.
- Fintech focus. Ideally you will have a good understanding of FCA/PRA expectations and the regulatory compliance landscape for payments and investment firms in the UK. If you haven’t worked in a compliance role previously, you’re willing to spend time upskilling yourself and embrace the learning curve in the first months of your role.
- Passion. You’re excited to work at a fast growing scale-up and you’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities that this brings. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Get the job done. You’re comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing evolving priorities to deliver against the team’s strategy.
- Travel. You will be based in London but you’ll also work with our colleagues in other locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once every two months.
Interested? Read more:
- Our story
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- We offer some awesome Wise benefits and office perks
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.