Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Global Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager who will play a crucial role in facilitating collaboration and consistency across our growing regional monitoring and testing teams, as well as planning and delivering global thematic reviews to assess and improve our compliance control environment.
- Own the global monitoring and testing methodology, policies and issue tracking tool, ensuring these remain up to date and are continually improved.
- Facilitate discussion and sharing of best practice across the regional monitoring and testing teams, ensuring all team members have a voice. Develop relationships and share information with colleagues in Global Compliance, Risk and IA teams.
- Identify thematic compliance issues and plan and coordinate delivery and reporting of global thematic testing.
- Support our Risk and Governance teams in developing our monitoring and reporting of compliance risk and testing work to relevant committees and the Board.
- Identify training needs or skills gaps within teams and develop and deliver relevant training or guidance materials.
- Adapt your focus depending on the regulatory risks, growth plans and compliance needs to support ad-hoc projects.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of governance, risk and control best practice and have experience designing and carrying out risk-based controls testing in a compliance, IA, audit or consulting role. Ideally you will have a good understanding of the global regulatory compliance landscape facing Wise as a payments and investments FinTech.
- Communication and collaboration. You are excited at the opportunity to bring colleagues together to improve the way we work and are comfortable managing different viewpoints. You can tailor your communication (both written and verbal) to meet the needs of different stakeholders.
- Innovation. You’re keen to explore how automation, analytics and tooling can make our team stronger, and you’re comfortable working with analysts and developers to achieve this.
- Passion. You’re excited to work at a fast growing scale-up and you’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities that this brings. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Get the job done. You’re comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing evolving priorities to deliver against the team’s strategy.
- Travel. You will be based in London, Tallinn or Budapest, but you’ll also work with our colleagues in other locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once every two months.
Interested? Read more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.