Group Product Manager – Finance Product Onboarding
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to join our growing Finance Product Team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission by ensuring we build smart and scalable internal financial systems, grow as a product leader and empower millions more people with instant, borderless money.
You’ll ensure that the finance impacts of Wise’s product expansion are considered, built/recorded, controlled, reported and explained in an efficient, timely and accurate way.
How you’ll contribute to our Finance Product Team
- You’ll build an understanding of how new and existing products translate into compliant financials & manage the finance systems implementations for new regions, currencies, licences, products etc. This involves working with product managers, engineers, analysts and other finance stakeholders
- You’ll share knowledge on finance product and collaborate with product teams to reduce current risks and gaps impacting finance
- In collaboration with the finance engineering and product team, you’ll build your team’s strategy & roadmap to deliver a high data volume, scalable, real time financial product (system/pipeline) empowering impactful global business decisions across teams
- You’ll lead retros on large product expansions or failures and ensure learnings are used to improve future expansions
- You’ll own and track the quarterly plans and prioritizations for the team, set team KPIs, facilitate and build efficient processes for the team to cover all areas of onboarding – building, assuring, explaining and reporting
- You’ll be responsible for hiring, developing, and supporting our finance product team of 5 finance & product managers and analysts
- You’ll bring external ideas, best practices through leadership into your work and future plans
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a product leader – Grow and inspire your team to join our mission
- Get amazing exposure to the full breadth and depth of our internal product finance systems while working with a group of amazing and dedicated product managers, engineers, analysts, and operations.
- Work with a modern microservices system with key parts written in-house, which allows to move fast and build controls and experiences that are above industry standards and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
Things that might describe you as a product leader
- You’re hands on when it comes to product implementation and delivering features and building roadmaps. You’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done
- You have experience in finance systems and familiarity with the core principles of finance
- You are a seasoned Product Manager with experience managing end-to-end product development lifecycles from scoping to delivery and post production support. You have delivered ambitious, impactful customer / non-customer facing products before in data-driven environments
- Leadership experience. You have proven experience leading and empowering cross-functional, medium-large diverse teams of Product Managers with a long term vision and strategy for non-customer facing teams. You building roadmaps
- Data-driven. You have dealt with data rich environments and you can pick up the signal from the noise. You are comfortable to dig deep into data, explore and make decisions based on insights. You can communicate big data / complex data sets clearly.
- You are equally willing to work on technical architecture, finance & reporting requirements, audit obligations and are able to shape and influence thinking on these point
- You’ve applied agile software development methodologies and tools before
Beneficial (but not mandatory) experience
- Finance / accounting background
- Hands-on SQL skills
- Passion for technical products and understanding of tech stacks used in software engineering
- Base salary: £110k – £140k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
At this stage, our product recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications, alongside cover letters (which are optional to submit) to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because we at Wise are on a mission and this role is all about getting us closer to that mission – so please take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝 Please bear in mind when answering: customer impact is above everything for us.
A 40 minute call with our hiring lead or one our Product Managers or Recruiters from the team via Zoom.
- The team will intro you to Wise, their team and the role
- Your motivation / drivers to join the Mission
- Your experience of owning/ shipping impactful products, utilising build – measure – learn
- Testing your customer empathy
- Testing your quantitative, data-driven approach
- Competency based questions & values fit, focused on our 4 core values
Your 2nd interview will be with 2 product managers from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will give you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems. Topics:
- Your product domain experience: ownership of a complex, and impactful product / product feature
- Prioritisation and trade-offs: problems you solve for customers, how do you balance demands
- Your solution design & execution skills
- Digging deeper into your quantitative / data skills: measuring impact, setting OKRs / KPIs
Your 3rd interview will be with an engineering lead / senior engineer and an analyst/designer from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
This interview will be focusing on your experience working closely with engineers and designers in a cross-functional team + your related skills. Topics:
- Building partnerships with your engineering / design / operations teams.
- Problem-solving and navigating tech decisions and conflicts with engineers
- Your level of technical depth
- Your cross-functional team-fit: your ability to inspire others around you
We’d like to give you the opportunity to meet a couple of our senior product leads. The Zoom interview will be 45 minutes long and will be competency-based.
- Providing you the opportunity to meet our product leads and pick their minds and ask your questions
- Competency-based and scenario based questions around your motivation, past product experience and vision to work at Wise, solving problems of our 10+ million customers
- Focusing on feedback you received from previous interviews, addressing/investigating potential gaps further
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.
Stories from the Product team
Benefits in our London office
Financial benefits and discounts RSUs: We offer everyone who works for us RSUs as we’re building Wise together and want...
Wise mission roadmap 2.0 is now live
So, what’s new? Real-time view of what our teams are working on The roadmap now shows a ‘live’ view of...
Mission Update Q4
We're building money without borders — making it move faster, more conveniently, and eventually for free. Here's how much closer we got in September to December 2021...
Product team levels at Wise
Career maps are a tool we use to map out all the different levels within a team. They give clarity on what we expect at each level and help our people know how they can progress in their team. They also help us evaluate impact and pay our people consistently and fairly....