Wise is rapidly expanding globally, creating new products for consumers and businesses, and entering new jurisdictions. As a fintech company moving billions of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have accurate, timely and controlled financials.
As we continue to grow and scale, we’re looking for an experienced Product Lead to join our fast growing Product Financials team in Tallinn/London.
Ensure the finance impacts of product expansion are considered, built/recorded, controlled, reported and explained in an efficient, timely and accurate way.
- Understand how new and existing products translate into compliant financials & manage the finance implementations for new regions, currencies, licences, products etc. This involves working with product managers, engineers, analysts and other finance stakeholders and managing the implementation to our finance systems.
- Share knowledge on finance product and collaborate with product teams to reduce current risks and gaps impacting finance
- In collaboration with the finance engineering and product team, you will build your team’s strategy & roadmap to deliver a high data volume, scalable, real time Financial product (system/pipeline) empowering business decisions across teams every day
- Lead retros on large product expansions or failures and ensure learnings are used to improve future expansions.
- Own and track the quarterly plans and prioritizations for the team, set team KPIs, facilitate and build efficient processes for the team to cover all areas of onboarding – building, assuring, explaining and reporting
- Responsible for hiring, developing, and supporting the product team of 4-8 product managers and analysts.
- Bring external ideas, best practice thought leadership into your work and future plans.
A bit about you:
- You have delivered highly ambitious, impactful customer / non-customer facing products before in data-driven environments
- You are equally willing to work on technical architecture, finance & reporting requirements, audit obligations and are able to shape and influence thinking on these point
- You have good communication skills that help you bring people together behind a common goal, manage multiple points of view and create clarity and organisation into complex problems and diverse teams.
- You love to get things done. You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- You enjoy getting deep into the processing logic. You like to be thorough and understand how things work and all their dependencies in-depth. You can channel this knowledge in bringing clarity to the team over complicated processes.
- You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
You have proven experience in the following areas:
- Empowering cross functional teams with a vision and strategy for non-customer facing teams
- Managing the product development lifecycle from scoping to delivery and post production support for multiple products / projects at the same time
- Building product roadmaps and managing quarterly plans
- SQL and communicating big data / complex data sets clearly
- Agile software development methodologies and tools
- Communication with stakeholders of different levels
Nice to Haves:
- Principles of accounting & finance
- Working with business analytics tools (e.g. Looker)
- Technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. You need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers, analysts, accountants and other finance professionals.
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
We are currently out of the office until the 3rd January 2023, applications will be reviewed upon our return.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.