We’re looking for a Complaints Senior Lead o join the team in our London office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a leader, help save millions more people money and work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking, and they can spend every day using our Wise debit card.
Within this large mission, the Complaints and Disputes Team at Wise is a relatively small team, but with huge responsibility and reach across Wise globally. Responsible for ensuring that all of our unhappiest customers are treated fairly and in line with our regulator’s expectations, the team has to handle the communication with the arbitration bodies, support other teams in handling customer complaints, as well as work with a growing number of stakeholders around the company.
As Complaints Senior Lead, you get to empower your own team, support the team leads in the domain, drive large-scale initiatives and help us solve problems that have a long-lasting impact.
By now, we have an operational team based in three locations (Tallinn, Budapest, Tampa). The teams work together to effectively support all the other operational teams, while pushing all the internal partners to constantly improve the way they serve our customers.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Complaints and Disputes team:
- Contribute to definition, scoping and execution of long term plans and objectives in the domain, in coordination with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Support the growth of the domain with strong expertise and ability to influence all the relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure planning of team capabilities, skills. knowledge and capacity, being ultimately accountable for maintaining an adequately staffed, capable, compliant, and trained team;
- Support risk aware culture within the Complaints & Disputes operations, guaranteeing the operations are compliant with Complaint specific regulatory guidance in each market;
- Work closely with the other functions such as product, PR, finance, risk and compliance, making sure that the relevant data and insights are shared in a timely manner across the organisation;
- Continually measure, monitor and improve overall performance of the operations teams (KPIs), giving regular feedback to teams/team leads, and providing visibility on company level;
- Ensure that team’s reporting and auditing responsibilities are executed to the highest level of quality;
- Lead where needed significant cross-team projects requiring material decisions and content contribution as well as project management;
- Participate in budget management;
- Develop the team leads, support them in building strong teams, developing leadership and independence within their sub teams.
A bit about you:
- You have several years of experience within the disputes and complaint domain in a regulated industry;
- You have experience leading operational teams, preferably in this industry;
- Excellent verbal and written English, with particular focus on the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- You have a successful track-record of building teams and developing people;
- You are able to draw long term vision and strategy for your team;
- You have good analytical skills, including ability to work directly with business intelligence tools.
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter as soon as possible: interviews will start as soon as the applications come.
In your cover letter (no longer than two pages), please answer the following questions:
- Why are you the suitable candidate to take on this role in Wise?
- How would you hope to impact Wise’s mission in this team?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.