Global Head of Customer Support
We’re looking for a Head of Customer Support to join us in London and help our teams deliver a support experience that delights our customers, scales globally with our growth and helps us drop our costs towards zero.
We’re a global tech company with a big mission and a startup heart.
Wise plc is building the best way to move and manage money around the world. Our mission is to build money without borders: instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free.
Co-founded by Kristo Käärmann and Taavet Hinrikus, Wise launched in 2011 under its original name TransferWise. It is one of the world’s fastest growing, profitable technology companies and is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker, WISE.
10 million people and businesses now use Wise, which processes over £5 billion in cross-border transactions every month, saving customers over £1 billion a year.
With Wise, customers can receive and hold money digitally in over 50 currencies; convert currency in an instant; send money within or between countries and spend around the globe with a debit card. Banks and enterprises can also offer Wise products and services to their customers via our platform, which provides access to our modern infrastructure.
“We live in a unique time, where people like you and me can take on the huge problems of the world – and fix them.”
Kristo Käärmann, Co-Founder
We’re looking for a Global Head of Customer Support to join us in London and help our teams deliver a support experience that delights our customers, scales globally with our growth and helps us drop our costs towards zero.
- Grow and build the teams of over 1300+ Wisers located in Tallinn, Budapest, Singapore, Tampa, and Austin. Our team cover topics such as help content creation, self-serve support, channels offered, support tooling, workflow management, related ops and compliance processes, operational reporting, AI automation and the product quality feedback loop
- Lead the strategic development of globally scalable model, whilst partnering with other operational, functions and product teams to align the product approach including building readiness for new emerging products, with considerations of expansion and localisation strategy, talent planning, hiring capacity, outsourcing opportunities, and cost modelling
- Improve meaningful metrics including contact rates, case resolution time, % first time resolution, % automated, cSAT and our Customer Support cost per transfer.
- Motivate teams by developing and constantly sharing a compelling vision for the product, driven by customer insight and data.
What you will need to succeed in this role.
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this.
- You have experience leading a large scale customer support or operations team globally and managing senior leaders in a scale up company
- You have proven track record of building and hiring high-performing teams
- You have a good understanding and ability to analyse, forecast and move teams’ metrics.
- You use a data-driven approach in quantifying problems and the impact. You’re rigorous about measuring impact and assessing impact.
- You have excellent verbal & written English skills. You are proactive, clear, concise, and can adapt your communication style to different audiences
- You have experience communicating complex information accurately, clearly, and quickly to all levels of management, product, partners and and third parties.
- You can work collaboratively within an organisation, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines.
- You’re self-driven and make things happen, show a strong desire to succeed, always looking for opportunities, determined in pursuit of your own and your customers’ goals.
- You have a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious projects. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
Our leadership framework includes the key attributes of impactful leaders at Wise.
Leading at Wise, like a lot of other things, is quite unique. Our teams and individuals have the autonomy to make impactful decisions for our customers. Our leads empower the team to deliver impact and champion our culture
Lead – Define the direction and empower your team to work interdependently to achieve goals in an autonomous environment.
Deliver – Make sure the team is data-driven to make the most impact for our customers.
Develop – Create an environment focused on the ongoing development of your team through knowledge sharing and feedback.
Nurture – Build a culture where your team can have maximum impact by being and challenging themselves.
If you’re interested, do not forget to submit a one pager as a cover letter answering this question: Please tell us about your experience in leading the design of the vision and strategy for customer support/operational division.
We’re people without borders. Building money without borders.
We’re also people without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.