AML SAR Specialist (Analista de PLD – Comunicações externas)
We’re looking for an AML Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) Specialist (Analista de PLD – Comunicações externas) to join our growing financial crime operations team in São Paulo, Brazil!
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by reporting suspicious activity.
So if you’ve got previous experience, love fighting crime, and you’re interested in joining one of the fastest growing FinTech companies, read on!
You’ll receive an exciting package including a competitive gross monthly salary + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + a wide array of benefits! 🚀
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
In this role, you’ll add to that mission by:
- Reviewing escalations from our AML and Fraud investigations teams
- Summarizing investigation findings, analyzing payment activity and submitting suspicious activity reports in a timely and accurate manner to COAF (Conselho de Controle de Atividades Financeiras) and bank partners
- Preparing escalations to global teams for suspicious activity reporting in other jurisdictions
- Help to onboard new joiners to the team by providing guidance and technical support
- Developing and maintaining effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Provide input on process improvements
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done
A bit about you:
- You’re fluent in English and Portuguese – both languages are required as English is our working language
- You have previous experience in AML, Compliance, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to express your thoughts concisely and logically
- You have strong ability to think clearly and rationally in order to understand logical connections between various data points
- You’re able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgment calls
- You’re accurate and pay close attention to detail
- You enjoy owning your work, can operate independently, and take charge on projects when needed
- Keen to expand current knowledge base
- You’re comfortable with feedback and being part of a team where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You live in or are willing to relocate to the greater São Paulo area
- You are already legally authorized to work in Brazil, as we cannot support Visas for this role
Even better if you have:
- Experience working at a startup or fintech company
- You have a Bachelor's degree
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English.
- 💵 Competitive gross monthly salary, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 🩺 Health and Dental allowance for you and your dependents
- 💝 Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- ☀️ Paid time off: 30 days vacation + 3 “Me” days + 1 volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us & child care assistance
- 🍴 Meal (560 BRL per month) and Food (880 BRL per month) Vouchers
- 🚗 Transportation vouchers
- 💻 Flexible remote working policy
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our São Paulo office
The concrete jungle of São Paulo is a vibrant metropolis like no other.