Social Media Customer Support Associate
We’re looking for a Social Media Customer Support Associate to join our existing team of Social Media CS Rockstars at Wise in our Tampa, Florida office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $20.50 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
Read more about open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs.
The projected start date for this role is January 2023.
This role is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about both social media and providing an exceptional customer experience, where you'll engage with customers to solve problems and build community on our various social platforms. Once you're up to speed in your role, you'll have the opportunity to take on side-projects to grow your knowledge base and help Wise get closer to our mission of money without borders!
- Create a wonderful customer experience for our customers online across all of our social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) – and understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to our success
- You should be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with both customers and colleagues
- Constantly stay up-to-date on social media processes and applications and look for new ways to use them to help our customers & team
- Understand the impact and role that customer support can play in new media, such as social platforms
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
A bit about you:
- You have exceptional verbal & written English language skills – The main responsibility of this role is responded to questions and comments on social media channels, so we'll be evaluating your communication skills throughout the process starting with the application… put your best foot forward with flawless spelling and grammar!
- You have previous experience providing high-volume customer support online (via social media, chat, community management, etc.) is a definite plus – to be clear, this is a customer support position, not a content creation role
- You're flexible. Open to working days, nights, and some weekend shifts, between 9:00am and 10:00pm at the latest. While your scheduling preferences are taken into consideration, the scheduling requirements can change based on our customer's needs, so we can't guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time (your first month or so would be a regular 9am-5pm schedule while you complete your initial paid CS training)
- You're a master behind the keyboard. You're an expert typer, at least 45 words per minute, and you quickly pick up how to navigate and use new software and online tools – Knowledge of tools like Hootsuite, Agorapulse, Sprout Social, or similar that support social customer support would be helpful
- You're organized. You can multitask – you're also punctual, reliable, and methodical in your approach with a solution-oriented mindset – and you've got a sharp attention to detail which makes learning new systems and procedures a breeze
- You're cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You're growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you're adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You're a team-player. You're straight up and honest. You're able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will.
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone's responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
A bit more about you:
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Any additional languages are a plus!
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a hybrid position based in Tampa, Florida
- 💵 $20.50 per hour starting salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🤝 5% additional salary differential for Spanish, Portuguese, or French languages
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Tampa
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers. We're all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn't just a job to us! 🚀
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We don’t believe in scripts or dress codes and we embrace everyone for who they are. We're not interested in drama, only good Karma! 💙
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We're 4000+ Wisers strong, with over 90 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. 🌎
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whatever the mission, we get it done! 💫
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.