Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to hold multiple currencies with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking, on top of our incomparable strength in transferring money across borders.
But we are still far from being the one account that you can count on anywhere in the world, the one account you will ever need: an account that is like a home away from home; an extension to your family connections; a service that is simpler to use and lower on fees than any Bank anywhere.
300 million people around the world face the frictions of relocation and fragmented finances. We believe the Wise account is the solution to this underserved population. Care to help us build it?
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our mission and help us build a global product with the best mobile experience.
What does it take?
- Experience with building iOS apps that delight users
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
- A passion for product quality and user experience, attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about product engineering, or have the desire to learn it
- Ability to both collaborate effectively with your team and solve problems independently and proactively
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Full-stack iOS development (we work in small teams, each with one or two mobile engineers, it’s likely you’ll be in charge of a feature from API to UI)
- Know SOLID ways to implement clean architecture, writing readable code that is testable (we currently work with VIPER but are continuously evaluating the latest architectures/methodologies – SwiftUI and Combine are nice to have)
What does success look like?
- You understand and can explain the problems people and businesses have when moving and managing money internationally
- You can explain the impact your work has on our customers and our mission
- You know where and how you can contribute to the Wise mission, in the context of your team and tribe
- You raise the automation level across our product, helping us drop prices even further
- You build leverage for other engineers and Wisers by improving tooling, documentation and processes as part of your daily work
- You contribute to creating a world class product by finding and building solutions to technical and product challenges
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU’s in a growing company
- 🏥 Private Health insurance policy
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🌍 Relocation and visa expenses covered
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
- ❤️ Our Engineering values
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.