Regional Compliance Lead
We’re looking for a Regional Compliance Lead to join our Americas Compliance Team here at Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary range of $122,500 to $155,000 based on experience + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + a wide array of other benefits! (more info below 😉)
- Apply leadership and problem solving skills to help Wise navigate challenges in the US and Canada regulatory environment
- Collaborate with regional Product, Legal, Risk, Government Relations, and PR teams, providing input in developing strategic growth objectives
- Work with compliance team to develop measurable and ambitious goals for the compliance team, and support on the delivery of a compliance program that enables business growth while ensuring the management of compliance risk
- Engage closely with the Global Head of Compliance, as well as other regional compliance leads in order to identify opportunities to enhance our current processes, procedures, and thought processes to better serve customers and protect the company
- Enhance our governance practices to ensure consistent Board level oversight of Compliance risks
- Ensure that local Compliance Management System is best in class, and continues to properly manage the compliance risk of current and contemplated products and services
- Mentor and develop the regional regulatory and financial crime teams by providing advice, guidance, and resources wherever possible, including guidance on the design and implementation of core compliance workstreams–drafting and maintenance of robust policy and procedure, horizon scanning, monitoring and testing, advisory, training, and proper recordkeeping and documentation of compliance efforts
- Clearly and timely communicate findings, determinations and recommendations to management and stakeholders, both at periodic intervals and as needed regarding escalated or high-risk compliance issues, in order to accomplish compliance goals
- Experience in a previous regulatory or compliance managerial position at a banking, trading, payments, or fintech institution
- Prior experience as a Chief Compliance Officer, BSA Officer, MLRO, or similar role with direct reporting lines to the Board of Directors preferred
- J.D. or other advanced degree is preferred
- Experience directing financial crime compliance programs, with a solid grasp of the BSA and other laws and regulations applicable to financial services (particularly in payments, cards, and/or investment products)
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation abilities
- Leader with ability to drive action and build consensus among cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to adapt in challenging and changing situations, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- 💵 $122,500 to $155,000 starting salary, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.