FinCrime Product Compliance Manager/ Senior Manager – Payments
FinCrime Product Compliance Specialist/ Manager – Payments
At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to join the Wise team, who will work across our product and compliance teams to take the Company to the next level by ensuring we maintain a state-of-the-art financial crime program. This individual will specifically focus on making sure our Spend and Receive products and features are growing while balancing compliance requirements and risk.
- Be an expert at evaluating the compliance and card scheme requirements associated with payments products such as merchant due diligence, fraud, aml and chargebacks.
- Comfortable assessing the financial crime risks of new products in our Spend and Receive product domains. Upskilling yourself and the product teams on the risks and regulations.
- Excellent communicator that can explain compliance and risk requirements to non-compliance stakeholders both inside and outside of Wise.
- Problem solving mindset with a focus on unlocking growth while balancing risk and compliance. Ability to explain our controls approach to 2LOD and manage operational compliance impact ahead of new product launches.
- Proactive nature that ensures we have the right financial crime controls in place to launch and grow our products. As required ability to implement risk mitigation strategies and develop approaches to scale our products.
- Be a key member of the Spend and Receive teams ensuring our financial crime controls are fit for purpose for all products.
A bit about you
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 5 years in compliance at a payments or acquiring institution
- Minimum 3 years focused on financial crime compliance. Plus if you have worked as part of an operations team.
- Experience collaborating with various stakeholders such as product, operations, and other compliance teams
- An analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills
- A sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure or tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
- Willingness to challenge teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required when we can
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary up to £140,000 + RSUs
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.