Senior Product Manager – Europe & UK Pay-in
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Europe and UK Pay-in team in London or Tallinn or Budapest to help us build a best in class pay-in experience that would leverage both global best practices as well as hyper local payment opportunities.
Wise is happy to sponsor and pay for your Visa if needed, as well as offering a relocation support package for you and your dependants.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to ensure that Wise operates with high resiliency in Europe & the UK, while aiming to achieve our mission of money without borders – instant, convenient, transparent, and eventually free.
Pay-in is one of the most crucial steps in a Wise customer’s journey. Reducing friction at this step means that more customers can use Wise to move their money without borders. Even though we have started off well here by enabling OpenBanking pay-ins in the UK and pay-in with PayPal in Europe, we have barely scratched the surface.
This is where the Europe and UK Product Manager comes in. You’ll help us remove friction and effort for moving money to family, friends and anyone who has an international need, and make the experience seamless, safe and transparent. You’ll transform a hassle into a delight.
About the team:
The Europe and UK Pay-in team is working across our offices in London and Tallinn. They own the local pay-in experience by enabling and optimising payment options. The team’s current focus is unlocking OpenBanking Variable Recurring Payments in the UK and building OpenBanking Payment Initiation Service Payments in Europe.
With a vision of making moving money as easy as sending an email, the team always looks at ways to innovate and remove effort, while keeping the customer secure. Success is measured by the conversion rate optimization on the pay-in step of the customer funnel.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing as the Senior Product Manager for the Europe and UK Pay-in team:
- Building products that solve Europe & UK Pay-in customer problems. The role is optimizing the most critical step in a Wise customer’s journey – payment. You will get hands-on with customer problems and build products that help make payment to Wise faster, cheaper and convenient.
- Increasing customer convenience. One of the key pillars of Wise’s mission is convenience. You will be looking at the customer journey across a variety of products using both data and qualitative feedback to understand the biggest points of friction. Once you have identified them, you will start working on potential solutions to help enable customers to pay-in using the most convenient option for them.
- Payments infrastructure. You’ll unblock the full value of new experimental payment options such as Variable Recurring Payments in the UK, as well as leveraging best practices for established payment options such as Cards and PayPal.
- Representing Wise. You’ll lead mission critical technical projects that allow the tech team to move faster.
- Building a strong team and working with others. Once you have discovered your largest opportunities to have impact in Europe and UK Pay-in, you will work closely with designers, engineers, analysts, product marketing, researchers and customers to deliver incremental improvements through the product. You will also work with other Regional and Core teams to make sure that the Europe and UK payment experience is consistent with the rest of the product.
- Planning. You will take responsibility for the planning cycles, setting the right goals and metrics with the rest of the team and ensuring the team is having a measurable impact on our customers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal. This role is a great opportunity to operate in uncharted territory. Europe & UK are some of Wise’s most mature markets, and delivering on better infrastructure and experience here will set a precedent for other regions
- Shape the financial services landscape: The role is a unique opportunity to shape how financial services evolve in Europe and the UK.
- Choose your path to impact – We believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your teams to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’re hands-on and you’ve built products at scale – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers: you’ve directly executed on a customer problem and have built products/product features that have helped customers.
- You are customer obsessed – You’ve worked on high-impact products in data-driven environments, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product. You are able to map out customers’ mental models when using a product and translate that into tangible product improvements.
- You have a robust experience of integrating and optimising various payment methods (eg. pay-in, or checkout optimization)
- You’re data-driven – In a world of conflicting signals, you are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired. You’ll need to show us you’re dedicated to utilise or to master any type of data analytics tools (eg. SQL, Mixpanel or Python or Business Analytics tools) quickly, to be able to self-serve your own analyses.
- You have experience running complex A/B tests to improve the conversion funnel.
- Communicating clearly and logically – You are comfortable communicating with internal and external partners on challenging issues, whether in written format or at sprint planning with the teams.
- Entrepreneurial – You are able to craft a vision and clarify an ambiguous problem space into clear, tangible building blocks of a roadmap.
- You have a good technical understanding so that you can help the team build the right architecture. We don’t expect you to write code, but previous experience helping to design systems would help to thrive as a PM at Wise.
- Base salary: £83k – £110k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.