We’re looking for a Regulatory Product Compliance Manager to work alongside our Global Treasury team to help expand our global offer while effectively managing our safeguarding, capital and liquidity requirements and risks.
You will work closely with the teams’ Product Managers, as well as provide support to a range of Engineers, Analysts, Bankers and Operations Specialists to help grow our business offering globally.
Your primary focus will be to support our Wise Europe entity, which is located in the EU/UK to manage specific requirements and risks. In this context, you would thus be the key go-to person for Wise Europe and also the contact person for any external discussions (e.g. auditors, regulators) relating to Treasury.
Apart from this, you will also help with business growth by identifying and effectively managing the financial resilience regulatory risks across a range of existing and new markets for business customers globally. You will be expected to maintain a strong awareness of the impact of regulation on product viability, ensuring that appropriate controls are implemented and maintained.
Launch New Products and Features:
- Collaborate with Product Teams throughout the product lifecycle, with the ability to identify and mitigate safeguarding, capital and liquidity risks from a regulatory lens;
- Identify opportunities to improve our product proposition / competitiveness by thoroughly analysing relevant regulations and challenging existing interpretations and market practice;
Manage and Mitigate Regulatory Risks (main focus – BE):
- Ensure new products are launched and maintained within the appropriate controls environment;
- Collaborate with and support colleagues in the Compliance teams, to ensure Product teams are aware of new and upcoming regulations;
Maintain an enterprise wide view of risk:
- Ensure that appropriate metrics and indicators are constantly monitored and that the feedback-loop to the Product Owners is working effectively
A bit about you:
- Previous experience providing regulatory advice within Financial Services (preferably in Belgium);
- Previous experience working with treasury or in fintechs/payment institutions is a bonus but not essential;
- Familiar with the evolving regulatory expectations in regard to financial resilience in the context of Financial Services;
- Ability to effectively communicate with Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations;
- Ability to identify gaps and project manage remediations with different stakeholders, e.g. Product Managers, Compliance, Internal Audit,…
- Problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulations together with data to drive business decisions;
- Experience or interest in working in a fast-growing technology driven environment;
- Willing to travel for about 25% of the time as Wise offices are located across different countries.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Pension and Private Health Insurance
- Lots of awesome additional Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.