Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Compliance Project Manager who will help with the delivery and tracking of our Global Target Operating Model (‘TOM’) and create a business-wide consistent method of documenting, tracking and reporting of issues and actions (‘issues management project’). Based in London / Tallinn / Budapest, you will work with a growing team of experienced compliance & testing specialists to help us build world class products that are compliant with regulations.
- Determine and re-define project scope and objectives. Ensure that the project scope is suitable for the relevant team and/or region and that the deliverable meets individual team needs.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans including risk and issues registers. Assign tasks and proactively communicate expected deliverables.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders across 1, 2 and 3 LOD. Ensure effective governance arrangements are in place and provide governance advice as necessary.
- Monitor progress of the projects and make adjustments as needed. Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout project execution.
- Build trust within our teams and coordinate inputs from multiple teams.
- Implement and embed the Issues Management project and the Compliance Target Operating Model.
- You proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced.
- Adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play an instrumental role in helping a growing global team reach its full potential.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s growing business and get to know many teams across the company as you work with them to identify key data to monitor and test regulatory risk exposure.
- Develop your data analytics skills and showcase them working on complex issues relating to a vast array of topics.
A bit about you:
Our ideal candidate will be a data-driven project manager, with great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Project management. You have at least 5 year’s experience of bringing order to chaos – tracking and shepherding projects from initial enquiry to conclusion and post-mortem.
- Technical knowledge. You have experience in a similar role in financial services. Ideally, you have worked at least 2 years in financial services within compliance, risk or audit.
- Organised. You are able to work independently, balance multiple activities and prioritise issues quickly.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Problem solving. You have demonstrable experience sourcing data, ideally across multiple products and/or regions, and you’re interested to apply this experience to our projects.
- Communicating with data. You are comfortable using data visualisations (e.g. Looker) and are a pro at JIRA. You are able to display complex data in compelling ways, and you can tailor your communication to suit both technical and non-technical teams.
- Resilient. You admit when things don’t work out and share learnings, try again and iterate with new solutions;. You recover from difficulties quickly.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.