Wise has been building a global high-tech layer for international money. Our mission: money without borders. Money that goes fast, cheap, and is accessible to everyone. To get here, we’ve built an impressive platform – and we’re now opening it up to our partners: other fintechs, banks, financial institutions, and innovators across the world.
Wise’s Card is truly global in scale, profitable and fully processed in-house with both VISA and Mastercard. With more than 70 countries covered, dozens of licences, and several millions cards in circulation, we are ready to offer our Issuing capabilities to third parties and add an important building block to our B2B offering: Wise Platform.
We are looking for a fantastic product manager to join us and contribute to a true rocketship product, building out our Issuing as a Service capabilities in the B2B space by allowing customers across the world to white-label Wise’s capabilities and offer cards, accounts and money transfer across the globe.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- The team you’re joining is called Cards API. It’s a brand new team made up of some of the most experienced people here at Wise. We built a first version of the product, gotten our first customers, rapidly scaled the team and are now hiring our first external PM.
- At Cards API, we work across the Cards and Platform domains, by offering cutting edge capabilities like international digital cards, settlements, instant conversion, advanced KYC and more to B2B customers over API
- The team is building a dev-friendly API experience on top of our extremely advanced Card program. We build on top of Wise’s own infrastructure, and own our entire product stack. Everything is fully in-house: we have no intermediary.
- Our aim is to offer every single feature that makes Wise Card great to other businesses through our fast-growing API offering, Wise Platform.
- Your role is to first help build, and eventually fully own new and exciting features, products, and services that will allow us to continue growing our customer by the millions every year, with a particular focus on our API offering (both global and regional)
- You will work closely with Designers, Engineers, Analysts, Legal, Product Operations and of course customers to build a credible roadmap that makes Cards API the fastest growing Issuance as a Service offering globally in a 1-2 years timeline.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll learn from true industry veterans how to build global products in the fintech sector. You’ll join a fast growing team in a fast growing company, meaning you’ll grow faster here than elsewhere.
- You also will be exposed to and learn tech best practices from Wise’s homegrown microservices infrastructure and Wise’s analytics layer, that power our platform horizontally for millions of customers.
- We own our entire stack, so this is bare-metal fintech at true global scale.
- Our salary is competitive, transparent and fair [https://www.wise.jobs/product-management-career-map/]. Additionally, we’ll offer you a generous stock package so that you can benefit from Wise’s future growth as well.
- We offer generous health care coverage, a yearly development budget and the latest tech tools. 22 holiday days as well as 3 ‘me-days’ every year, plus national holidays – so that you can take whenever you need, no questions asked, to grow and recharge.
- Our offices have consistently been rated Best Place to Work. Work flexibly from home or from our Wise office in Paya Lebar. Massage chairs, nap rooms, ping pong tables and a fully stocked kitchen and fridge – you name it, we have it.
- Fly with the team to Europe or US on the regular, and join Wise’s legendary Summer Days (Google it!) at least once a year.
- Our office in Singapore is a true product and development hub, working on flagship products like this one and with real opportunities to turbocharge your personal growth. And our commitment to work-life balance is not just empty words.
A bit about you:
- Smart and fast learning: We expect you to follow and grow Wise’s product career map [https://www.wise.jobs/product-management-career-map/]. We work at a rapid pace – you need to be able to make informed decisions based on things you’ll learn along the way – and you need to learn fast.
- Product Sense: We expect you to be a true leader within your remit, and take the right decisions to build out the Cards API product autonomously.
- Data-driven: We need you to be able to leverage data analysis tools (we use Looker and Snowflake mainly, but you can use any SQL bench, Python, Excel, Julia, Spark, Scala, R … or your tool of choosing) to analyse the vast amounts of (anonymized) data we collect to help inform your product decisions.
- Communication: This is a B2B product, so you need excellent communication, both spoken and written. You need to be able to convince partners, colleagues, and customers to do what is in your (and everyone’s) best interest.
- Leave the comfort zone: We want you to explore, travel, learn, and come up with truly revolutionary ideas. We want you to push those ideas until they are real products that our customers use (and love) every day.
- Some experience: We expect you to have a few years of experience after graduating if you’re applying as a Senior Product Manager. We care about effective experience: what you built, why and how – not just how many years you worked.
- No matter who you are: We don’t care about what you studied, where you come from, or how you got here. All we care about is what we can build together. We’re people without borders – without judgement or prejudice.
Nice to have: Experience of any type in the fintech or tech industry (crypto exchanges, neobanks, neobrokers, super-apps, social media apps), or product or engineering experience in building a B2B or API-based product would be most welcome for this particular role.
If you’ve ever had your own startup or scale-up, we’d also love to talk to you!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.