What’s the role?
We’re looking for a German speaking Content Specialist to join our growing SEO Content team.
Content and SEO at Wise is about making sure we offer the best possible content and on-site experience to our customers. We don’t believe in stuffing keywords in a blog article or building artificial links, but we do believe in a great copy that inspires and helps readers to find answers.
This role is ideal for someone with 1 to 2 years of experience in SEO content marketing, who is passionate about blogging and content creation. If you already have some knowledge and experience on how to improve content ranking in Google it is a plus.
At Wise we’re on a mission to empower our users to make smart financial decisions based on transparent information. Our content team is no different. We produce content and monitor its performance too, because we believe that working in SEO means that you understand how the content you’re producing is helping the end user.
- Produce SEO optimised content for our German blog, to help fuel the adoption of Wise
- Revisit, optimise and improve older articles to boost their performance
- Conduct keyword research to plan content that drives organic traffic to our blog and attracts new customers
- Understand the wants, needs and pain points of our potential new customers (business and personal)
- Edit copy – you’re not afraid to fix copy or make direct changes when necessary
- Find, coordinate and manage a bunch of talented freelance writers
- Own your content – from ideas to briefing, proofreading, editing and finally publishing articles: you will own every stage of the process
- Follow frameworks – you will ensure our content follows legal, brand and PR guidelines
- Have an impact – you will see directly how your actions influence our reader’s decisions
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader company
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of our fantastic and enthusiastic international teams, and even get to travel to some of our offices around the world (once this is safe again to do so).
- You speak and write German on a native level. You have a strong appreciation of German grammar and spelling. You are fluent in English but fluency in an additional language is always a plus.
- You’ve got a strong interest in blogging and SEO, and you have demonstrable experience working in the field of SEO or Content Marketing.
- Training will be provided. We understand that new joiners need support, that’s why we onboard you with our Content Academy.
- You are analytical and have a general knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console. From traffic numbers to conversion rates, you understand how to measure the performance of your work. You can work with keyword data in Excel / Google sheets.
- You know your way around words. From small copy changes to fixing blog articles in bulk, you’ll get it done.
- You have a great eye for detail. From words to visuals, the final article or page will look its best. We believe that you have a good instinct for what makes content great. We trust your judgment to improve the quality of the content.
- You thrive more on autonomy than structure. You’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership of your work. You come ready-equipped with perseverance and a sizable sense of humor.
What’s in it for you?
- Help us acquire new customers for Wise in a scalable and highly cost-effective way. That’s hugely important here because, unlike our competitors, our mission is to make foreign exchange eventually free.
- You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented marketers who consistently break new ground in performance marketing.
- Within Wise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact on one of Europe’s fastest growing & most successful startups.
Who we are
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
About our team
The SEO Content Team currently consists of 30 (and counting) amazing people, from 20 different countries who are divided over 3 offices, so we’re truly a team without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you, because we believe that diverse and inclusive teams build better products.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one is telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.