Monitoring and Testing Lead (EU FinCrime Compliance)
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Monitoring and Testing Lead who will focus on developing and executing our Financial Crime compliance monitoring and testing plan for Europe as our team grows. You will work with colleagues from a wide variety of teams including Product, Treasury, Operations and Compliance to provide assurance and help strengthen Wise’s approach to managing AML and fraud risks throughout a range of current and new products. You will work with global monitoring and testing colleagues to share best practice and coordinate approaches.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and deliver a risk based monitoring and testing plan for Europe, including identifying and testing key controls to evaluate compliance with AML rules and regulations.
- Proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced, as well as tracking these through to completion.
- Support the wider monitoring and testing team strategy by collaborating with global colleagues and developing the Europe team.
- Adapt your focus depending on the regulatory agenda, growth plans and compliance needs.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of AML & fraud risks and controls (including KYC, sanctions and transaction monitoring) and have at least 5 years experience designing and carrying out risk-based controls testing in a FinCrime, internal / external audit, or consulting role (experience in a Big-4 firm is a plus).
- Industry focus. Ideally you will have a good understanding of NBB expectations and the regulatory landscape around Financial Crime for payment firms in Europe. If you haven’t worked in a compliance role previously, you’re willing to spend time upskilling yourself and embrace the learning curve in the first months of your role.
- Management skills. You have experience managing small size teams, providing guidance and feedback to more junior team members.
- Languages. Ideally you have good knowledge of either French or Dutch and are fluent in English.
- Passion. You’re excited to work at a fast growing scale-up and you’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities that this brings. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Get the job done. You’re comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing evolving priorities to deliver against the team’s strategy.
- Travel. You will be based in Brussels but you’ll also work with our colleagues in other locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once every two to three months.
Interested? Read more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Brussels office
A small but mighty location. We love the city, we love the history and, above all, we love the chocolate.