Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a talented iOS Developer to help us make the funding of international money transfers and money top-ups convenient and friction free, and the process of paying-in more smooth.
What is the team responsible for?
- Identifying and understanding the reasons behind problematic payin steps across all regions
- Reimagining and optimizing the payments in the current money transfer flow: less steps and better experience while being more transparent with fees
- Connected bank account experience with automatic money transfer from customer’s bank account to Wise
- Learning about customer’s mental model and expectations, testing new ideas after user research and interviews
Your role in the team:
- Rebuilding a critical part of our product – helping customers to get their money into Wise
- Developing a unified UX and system for different payment flows, collaborating with engineers from other teams who own their regional payment methods
- A/B testing to measure the impact of your improvements with our analyst
- Giving inputs to fine-tune our flows to our designer and analyst
What does it take?
- A passion for technology, product quality and user experience
- A broad understanding of the concept of MVP (minimum viable product) and measuring conversion rates
- The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with other teams and plan your own solutions to problems
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do, customer empathy drives your decisions
Is that you?
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience with building iOS apps that delight users
- Full-stack iOS development (we work in small teams, each with one or two mobile engineers, it’s likely you’ll be in charge of a feature from API to UI)
- Know SOLID ways to implement clean architecture, writing readable code that is testable (we currently work with VIPER but are continuously evaluating the latest architectures/methodologies – SwiftUI and Combine are nice to have)
- We value experience with state-of-art technologies, but we value eagerness to learn them even more
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What will the first six months look like?
- You’ll have on-boarded and found your place by understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll have grasped the understanding of the payin domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully shipped new features, from planning to release, and kept monitoring their adoption once live
- You’ll have gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed own ideas to take our product further
What will you get back?
- 🚀 Stocks (RSU) in a growing company
- 🧠 Loads of development opportunities and an annual self-development budget
- 🕊 Freedom and trust to influence the direction of the product and impact experience of millions of active customers
- 🌍 Traveling opportunity and spending face time with Wisers in other offices
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 🎉 A fun work environment with social activities and events
Our salary ranges from 1,500,000-2,200,000HUF/month and along with this, you would get a stock package in the range of 55,000-100,000GBP which would vest over a period of 4 years.
And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 How our Engineers build new features
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.