TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission — money without borders — instant, convenient, transparent, and eventually free. We’ve built a market-leading technology product that’s been used by over 5 million people to move money around the world without the rip-off fees charged by the banks. We’re disrupting the world of currency and international money transfer. We are growing rapidly around the world and need to make sure that we have the best setup to support that growth in every region. You will help to shape the future of TransferWise across the Group.
The Country Risk Specialist will report directly to the country CRO, providing support and second line risk management advice and oversight to the specific entity and other countries in the region.
What will you be doing:
- Provide an objective view of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls practices in the country and more broadly across the region following the requirements from Resolutions 4.557 and 2.554 from Conselho Monetario Nacional (CMN).
- Assist with the implementation of the entity's Risk Management Framework (ERMF), including the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS), Risk Management Strategy (RMS), Business Contingency Plan & Disaster Recovery (BCP & DR) and the agenda for the Internal Controls testing ensuring alignment to the Group ERMF and other relative elements
- Monitoring of Risk Incidents and implementation of action plans
- Operational Losses monitoring
- Perform walkthroughs interviews with all areas to map workflow procedures and build the Risk and Internal Control Matrix.
- Partner with 1LOD to develop robust risk mitigations and control frameworks in country and across the region
- Assist in the performance of detailed risk reviews and provide analysis and recommendations to assist appropriate risk management
- Undertaking 2LOD controls monitoring and testing
- Assist with local Board Risk Committee reporting
This role would be great for someone who has:
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies in the Brazil financial market, including experience with Risk Management Frameworks aligned to ISO 31000:2018, COSO and Basel III standards
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Ability to aggregate data from multiple sources to provide a comprehensive assessment
- Ability and experience in analysing data, to extract patterns and trends to better understand risk and emerging risk exposures
- Ability to create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time to complete work
- Excellent research, analysis and reporting skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Strong computer literacy
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to effectively analyse and present data
- Ability to speak and make presentations in English
It would be ideal but not essential if you had:
- Two to five years’ experience as a risk or compliance analyst or internal auditor, ideally within the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies, including experience with Risk Management Frameworks which are aligned to ISO 31000:2018 risk management standards
- Business related bachelor's degree and risk management certification (i.e. RMIA Certified Risk Management Practitioner, FRM Financial Risk Management, etc) advantageous
- Ability to speak and make presentations in Spanish
Please submit your resume, a cover letter, and answer the application questions in English. English is our working language, and all of your interviews and training will be done in English. Applications in Portuguese will not be considered.
- Competitive monthly salary
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a rapidly growing company
- Paid time off: 30 days vacation + 3 “Me” days + 1 volunteer day, annually
- Meal (560 BRL per month) and food (880 BRL per month) vouchers
- Health and dental allowance for you and your dependents
- Life insurance
- Child care assistance
- Transportation vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6-week paid sabbatical, after 4 years with us
- 18 weeks paid parental leave, after 1 year with us
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our São Paulo office
The concrete jungle of São Paulo is a vibrant metropolis like no other.