We’re looking for a Collection Agent to join our growing team in Austin. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, get to work with data, improve our product and help our customers regarding payment disputes. You personally can help us get closer to the mission!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $26.50 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
Read more about our open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Chargeback and Recovery team:
- Provide top notch support to our customers via email and phone to solve the disputes
- Solve problems related to several different payment methods and currencies
- Work closely with other Wise teams to improve our product
- Dispute direct debit chargebacks and provide required information to our partners
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent. If you speak other languages then that’s a plus!
- You have strong attention to detail and punctual
- You are good with routine but can also adapt and keep up with fast changes
- You are proactive and independent but also know how important good team-work is
- You can make decisions in critical situations and have the ability to multitask
- You’re flexible in working hours
- You’re eligible work in our Austin office
- 💵 $26.50 per hour starting salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers. We're all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn't just a job to us! 🚀
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We don’t believe in scripts or dress codes and we embrace everyone for who they are. We're not interested in drama, only good Karma! 💙
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We're 3000+ Wisers strong, with over 90 nationalities working in offices from Austin to Australia, and several places in-between. 🌎
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whatever the mission, we get it done! 💫
**Questions for cover letter
- What do you think makes you a great fit to this position?
- What do you think are the greatest challenges in Chargebacks and Collections domain in Wise?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.