We’re looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Company Secretarial Assistant with years’ experience to join our growing Company Secretariat within Legal in Singapore. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help establish and grow the Company Secretariat as Wise grows.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Company Secretariat:
- You will provide a full governance service to the Wise Group and APAC subsidiaries
- You will have a key role in building the Company Secretariat
- You will ensure that the Wise meets its legal and regulatory obligations while developing and maintaining governance standards
- You will be involved in significant cross team projects
- You will manage the relationships with key external stakeholders
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Help us build the team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You possess at least Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 4 years’ corporate secretarial experience, preferably with regional oversight managing APAC entities
- You have prior experience gained in financial services or payment industry, or regulated industries, will be an advantage
- You are good at keeping up with latest changes/developments in governance
- You can work independently as well as in a team
- You like to proactively challenge processes and can think of pragmatic solutions
- You enjoy having a varied workload, that will range from core company secretarial activity, managing APAC subsidiaries to advising on Group matters
- You have experience in working in a complex organisation with a variety of stakeholders
- You have good working knowledge of the Companies Act and any other relevant regulation/legislation
- You enjoy challenges and variety
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You are good with Excel and Powerpoint
- You are comfortable presenting
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.