At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. We’re at a genuinely exciting time when building a deep understanding of customers’ needs and behaviours have never been more important in achieving that mission.
We’re looking for a Director of UX Research to lead our research function at Wise, establishing a unique and clear voice of the customer, and to take the community of practice to the next level.
What you’ll be doing
Design at Wise encompasses a range of disciplines focused on the customer experience – Product Design, Content Design, Product Marketing, Design and Research Ops, and Design Research.
You’ll be leading our Design Research function at Wise, setting the vision and roadmap for how we truly put our customers first in everything we do. You’ll be a part of the Design leadership team, adding velocity to leadership initiatives. Whether you are collaborating on cross-team projects, shaping our research best practices and devising enablement programmes, or advocating for the voice of Research, you will deliver activities and on goals to make Design at Wise more impactful.
You’ll be comfortable coaching, directing, and scaling a large dispersed team. The Design Research guild at Wise has thirteen Design Researchers and a Research Operations team of three, and we’re still growing. You’ll be developing design researchers and architecting how they operate in and across our product teams to create impactful results.
- Set the vision and strategy for the Research guild at Wise
- Proactively work with senior leadership at Wise to advocate for a customer first approach – balancing tangible tactical results with long term strategy
- Work closely with other neighbouring functional leads including Analytics, to ensure teams can balance quantitative analytics data with qualitative research
- Lead and grow a diverse and thriving community of Design Researchers
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Analysts and Designers to make research an impactful pillar of product development
- Be a visible advocate for Research across the company and lead by example
- Provide expert advice and knowledge for the community of practice
- Identify the right tools and processes needed to support researchers to be able to do their best work
The experience you’ll need
- You’ve built a strong and impactful UX Research function in a fast-growing consumer product company
- You’ve driven cultural change by helping product teams understand customers, and to translate that insight into action
- You’re a natural people lead — genuinely motivated to develop and create impact through others both within and outside your team
- You have a strong perspective on how teams can balance quantitative analytics data, with qualitative customer research
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
- Your experience is primarily market research and/or academia
- You do not have demonstrable experience leading UX research within the tech/product industry
Want to learn more?
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.