Global Due Diligence Business Wise Guide
We’re looking for a trainer to join our growing team of KYC learning and development in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and help millions more people save money. A crucial part of making this happen lies with operational compliance teams. Your focus as a trainer (or Wise Guide, as we’re called) will be the Global DD Team, which conducts due diligence on Businesses signing up from Europe and North America. Your mission is to support the learning and development of the team’s operational members. The main tasks will include onboarding new hires, improving the existing learning programs, and creating new learning opportunities based on the objectives of Global Business Teams.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Become part of an interesting, newly formed team, to improve your existing skills and build new ones.
- Work closely with new agents and be an integral part of their onboarding process globally.
- Plan and keep track of training and mentoring schedules for agents, and make sure that they have access to all the tools and knowledge required.
- Help new agents succeed in their role – assess whether they absorb the new knowledge and skills, identify gaps, and ensure that they are ready to join the operational team.
- Create content and facilitate onboarding, training and refresher sessions for agents.
- Use your creativity to make the training experience more memorable.
- Ensure that training materials remain up to date, and all new procedures are added to the internal knowledge space.
- Discover your hidden skills to support the operational teams in the most efficient way.
- You have prior experience in L&D or training delivery.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where things constantly change.
- You are able to identify, plan for and apply different strategies and techniques to achieve learning objectives, considering the audience, topic and circumstances.
- You understand the need for different training facilitation modes to suit different audiences and can change and adapt according to how things evolve during a training session.
- You are able to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- You are able to teach others how to acquire the required knowledge by themselves using existing knowledge based solutions.
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively about operational changes.
- You are comfortable handling and organising routine schedules, but also have an ability to be flexible with priorities.
- You are punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done.
- You are self-driven, a good cross-team communicator, and have excellent organisational skills.
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- You possess a thorough knowledge of the processes and systems applicable to the KYC or Financial Crime domain (desired).
- You have the legal right to work in Estonia.
About the Role:
- Salary: 2150 EUR gross/monthly
- Starting date: Q4 2022 or Q1 2023
- Hiring process:
- Application and Cover Letter review
- Final interview with the team
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English. In your cover letter please answer the following questions:
- What do you think are the main challenges and benefits of remote learning, and how do you overcome the challenges?
- Imagine that you need to facilitate training on a new compliance control; a topic that is unfamiliar to you. The trainees are located in Europe and Asia. How do you prepare for launching the training and what do you think are the important aspects to focus on?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.