We’re looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our fast growing Wise Platform team in New York. Your job will be to manage a portfolio of partners, work with them to grow the partnership and help more customers save with Wise. You’ll help partners leverage our API to offer Wise’s much-loved products through their own infrastructure. This role is a unique opportunity to reach millions of new customers, transform the international payments experience for them and have an impact on Wise’s mission.
This is not a standard account management role – we’re looking for someone that loves the challenge of working with complex institutions (financial, payroll, accounting software etc). You will be working independently on intricate tech integrated partnerships, navigating partner queries and escalations, working through a range of regulations and with an array of stakeholders.
We’ve launched partnerships globally with companies like Monzo, Xero, Shinhan Bank, GoCardless and Google Pay, and are looking for someone to manage similar partners in the US market to define and execute on growth opportunities to meet objectives.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary range of $145,000 – 167,500 based on experience + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + a wide array of other benefits! (more info below 😉)
About the role:
The role is based in our New York City office, but you will also work closely with the global Account Management team based around the world. You will also work with other functions, including product management, compliance & legal, implementation, business development and engineering.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Be Wise’s representative to our partners in North America. This means managing partnerships, assessing their business model, realising their problems and how Wise can solve these best.
Define and execute on growth opportunities. With a data-driven approach, you will research and define a growth plan for partners to get more value from the integrations. You will also work with them to build the business case internally, pitch it to the wider organisation and manage the process to get commitment from the partner in a timely manner.
Work closely with product and tech to find solutions that work best for partners. You’ll talk partners through the features and requirements they need to implement in order to enhance their capabilities. Our API documents are public – check these out to start getting a view of the product
Manage marketing campaigns. You’ll create and drive joint marketing campaigns in order to help more customers save on international transfers by using Wise
Manage simultaneous conversations with an array of stakeholders, internal and external. Invest and build on these relationships to effectively influence and create long term value for all parties.
- You’re experienced in building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders of all sizes – from CEOs, to heads of compliance, technology, risk and innovation.
- You’ve got a track record of successfully growing accounts you’ve worked with to generate higher value from the partnership (revenue, customer acquisition, volume etc)
- You can come up with a plan, execute this whilst not being afraid to iterate as you learn…to put it simply, you get things done!
- You’re motivated and have a desire to contribute significantly to our overarching mission
- You are customer-focused. At Wise, they always come first, so you need to be passionate about helping our customers and delivering on our mission.
- You’re comfortable with data, can draw meaningful conclusions from your analysis and can present your findings to partners and internal teams.
- You’re creative in finding solutions when discussions are blocked. You’ll have a number of ways to quickly reach agreements that work for us, the partner and customers.
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Heres more info on our benefits in New York
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our New York office
A space as unique as the city. Here you’ll enjoy a full slice of Wise as we build the new world of money.