Due Diligence Agent
We’re looking for pioneering Due Diligence Agents to join our newly created Due Diligence team supporting CDD in Tampa, Florida!
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist on the front-line of Anti-Money Laundering and fraud prevention, and help save millions more people money by using Wise! 🚀
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $22.20 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + a wide array of benefits! (more info below 😉)
The Due Diligence Agent is responsible for performing timely customer due diligence to complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) process. You will be engaged in research and analysis and will use information supplied by external businesses and consumer customers, information already within the organization, external vendor tools and their overall experience to effect due diligence controls on customers and counterparts of various characteristics.
The role as a Due Diligence Agent gives you the opportunity to:
- Perform Due Diligence on existing, new and/or potential customers based on risk mitigation controls and certain trigger events
- Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying customer records that require further review and taking action to obtain and follow-up on the information and/or documentation requested
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification
- Perform searches utilizing Internet sources and/or third-party vendors to obtain information on prospects and new/existing customers
- Communicate with customers when required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies
- Provide guidance and responses to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate
- Maintain basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and Services
- When warranted, be capable of drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual
- Assess Risk level of referred profiles that may or may not meet the Risk criteria expected from escalations
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies
- Support Wise in internal and external audits and regulatory due diligence process related queries reviews
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review
A bit about you:
- Strong verbal and written English skills any additional languages are always welcome 😉 especially if you can read and understand Arabic, French, Hebrew, German, Turkish, Russian, or Japanese!
- Previous experience with customer verification (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), or compliance in a financial setting – college courses in accounting or business is also an advantage
- You can work autonomously within a limited variety of well-defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardized)
- You are able to handle more complex activities with moderate variation – You can deal with less straightforward questions, coordinate with as many sources of information necessary within and outside the business to support solutions
- You are capable of identifying gaps in policies and processes and providing detailed feedback, including examples when possible, through the established communication channels
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical abilities, and ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- You're punctual, independent, proactive, and willing to get things done
- You have the ability to work in a diverse work environment which requires collaboration, partnership, and transparency
- You're flexible with scheduling and willing to work some evening shifts
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone's responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time hybrid position based in Tampa, Florida
- 💵 $22.20 per hour starting salary
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- Here's some more info on our benefits in Tampa
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.